85 GT Exhaust Flange Gasket Question by triads
Started on: 06-17-2019 03:23 PM
Replies: 2 (103 views)
Last post by: triads on 06-18-2019 07:42 PM
triads

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2019 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triadsSend a Private Message to triadsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has one changes their flange (aka donut) laying on their back? I dont have a lift or can raise the car real high so all my work is done horizontally.. The question is., I dont see having much leverage to compress the springs when screwing it back together.. The bolts a broke free so removal wont be an issue, its just putting it back together. so i tightend them back and going to wait to see what is said here.. Also i do have air tools if that makes the job easier.. I just see it being a pain, and try to be aware of a cross thread at the same time..

Any help is appreciated
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2019 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used cable ties as makeshift spring compressors. Then, it was possible to thread the nuts.

Once the nuts were on, I cut and removed the cable ties.

You may also be able to use a floor jack to push the exhaust pipe upwards.
triads

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2019 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triadsSend a Private Message to triadsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The zip tie idea may work for me. Its raining all day every day it seems, and im trying to remember if there are just 1 or 2 flange's that need gaskets..

Thanks for the tip..

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock