85 GT Speedo Sensor Removal help by triads
Started on: 06-17-2019 03:11 PM
Replies: 5 (109 views)
Last post by: triads on 06-18-2019 06:53 PM
triads

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2019 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triadsSend a Private Message to triadsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 85 GT with Auto trans.. The Speedo sensor is leaking and i have a replacement.. After searching here and studying the new sensor it looks like its a simple pull out to remove and just push the new one on, maybe just oiling the o-rings to help.. For the life of me I cannot just pull the sendor out, or see any leverage point to use a large screw driver. Is there some trick to this removal?

Any help is appreciated..
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
USMUCL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2019 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's likely stuck from years of nastiness caked around the seal. Just rock it back and forth.

But, be warned, the plastic gear comes off easily and can fall into the transmission. So, once it cracks free, be very methodical and pull straight up slowly.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2019 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just thought I would ask: Did you remove the clip that holds it in?
triads

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2019 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triadsSend a Private Message to triadsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well thats a good question to ask.. I was not aware there was a clip. I assumed (i know thats bad) that it was just held in by pressure of the o-ring.. The sensor and surroundig area has caked on trans fluid and dirt, so the clip is hidden.. I'll do a better job of cleaning tommorow before i try again.. Now about this clip, is there any pics of its orientation or what im looking for? Best way to remove it?

Thanks
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2019 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can see the clip standing up in several photos in this link. Grab it with a pair of pliers or put a big flat blade through it and lift up. It's just a hairpin style cllip.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222812380168

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 06-18-2019).]

triads

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2019 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triadsSend a Private Message to triadsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Through the raindrops i was able to see the pin, and remove the sensor..
Has anyonne had theirs leak before?

[This message has been edited by triads (edited 06-18-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock