Speedometer Gauge Issues by Robodog_X920
Started on: 06-16-2019 10:40 PM
Replies: 4 (113 views)
Last post by: Robodog_X920 on 06-17-2019 11:30 AM
Robodog_X920

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2019 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robodog_X920Send a Private Message to Robodog_X920Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all. The past few weeks my gauge issue has gotten worse and much more frequent. When I turn the car ON, the gauges either work or don't. Then when I drive they switch on after a short while. The Speedometer gauge now shuts down during driving, then comes back, and or spazzes out and moves randomly. The RPM gauge seems to be fine now but vibrates in gear idle for some odd reason. Any tips or fixes that are quick and can be done within a few hours? This is my only vehicle right now, and I need it to get to work. Thanks in advance!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2019 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a loose electrical connection.
Check the GAGE fuse, the plugs on the instrument cluster and the grounds on the side of the HVAC center stack framework.
Robodog_X920

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2019 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robodog_X920Send a Private Message to Robodog_X920Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Sounds like a loose electrical connection.
Check the GAGE fuse, the plugs on the instrument cluster and the grounds on the side of the HVAC center stack framework.

Where are the grounds? If you have a picture, that would be nice. I am blind in the mess of whatever wiring job was done to my Fiero in its past.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2019 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a similar problem to yours. Mine turned out to be the plug to the VSS on the transmission not making good contact.
Robodog_X920

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2019 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robodog_X920Send a Private Message to Robodog_X920Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

I had a similar problem to yours. Mine turned out to be the plug to the VSS on thye transmission not making good contact.

That would probably make sense. The issue seems to have started after hitting a few puddles, and getting the car muddy. I also don't have the plate that covers the flexplate on right now because I couldn't remember how it went on.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock