Started on: 06-14-2019 06:39 AM
Replies: 55 (1750 views)
Last post by: Mr.sandman on 07-15-2019 07:48 AM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some updated information in my thread F-Body Swap 3.4 into a 2.8 Fiero on the Georgia Fieros website. www.gafiero.org

Go to the message board then Expert Tech Advise, Page 2. I have complete FelPro gasket information and more including updated information on fuel injectors that will efficiently operate on the Fiero ECM. Also on Page 1 in that section is information on installing V8 Chevy cam bearings into the 3.4. There may be some information in those threads that can be useful to you.

My 87 AC bracket was used but my installer welded a stud to the block, if I recall. Everything else came from my old 2.8, including the fittings for the oil pressure sending unit tube. My Fiero alternator was used so I've never compared the size and clocking to the 3.4 alternator. I don't know if they are interchangeable.

Leave the crankshaft sensor in the trunk side of the block. If it isn't leaking, don't create a problem. I'd also leave the cam sensor in the block, located just above the water pump. All these can be used for a later DIS conversion.
IP: Logged
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofool

12810 posts
Member since Jan 2002
In my thread, f85gtron details how he installed the 88 oil pressure sending unit down low. In my installation, I mounted it in the stock location at the top of the engine using the stock oil pressure sender tube. Finding that street elbow can be a problem. No hardware or plumbing stores carried it. I could only find them on Ebay. It's a 1/4 NPT female thread on one end and 1/4 NPT male thread on the other. It works well when located in the top of the oil pressure sending tube so that you can mount the sending unit horizontally to keep water out of the terminals. And if mounted at the stock location, there is no need to modify your wiring harness to make it connect.
Mr.sandman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.sandmanSend a Private Message to Mr.sandmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so as I said I'm getting my parts list together and I'm trying to find parts which is going pretty good for the most part except there is a hydraulic type Mount next to the AC compressor on my fiero but I'm having trouble locating or finding any information on it whatsoever you wouldn't happen to know what this is called or maybe even have a part number? If you're not sure what I'm talking about I will try to post a pic later tonight

[This message has been edited by Mr.sandman (edited 07-02-2019).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, that's the engine torque strut or shock. I believe I have one. I'll check later tonight when I return from my meeting. I think it even has the mount that attaches to the cradle, but not the one that attaches to the engine. Got a lot going on right now, so if I forget, give me a pm or email. My phone will notify me.
Mr.sandman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.sandmanSend a Private Message to Mr.sandmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay awesome I'll do a search using those words thanks again for all your help!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I do have one and just as I suspected, it only has the strut to cradle bracket. You would need to find the bracket that bolts to the engine. The strut has very strong resistance to extending. It's available if you want it.

Rodney sells the shock if you want a new one, but it doesn't have mounting brackets.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-02-2019).]

Mr.sandman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2019 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.sandmanSend a Private Message to Mr.sandmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome ! I had no luck finding it . I do have the brackets just the bushings on the shock are toast and I do not know the internal condition of strut.
Mr.sandman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2019 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.sandmanSend a Private Message to Mr.sandmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah i would be interested . i didn't see it on the dickman site .could you maybe send me as link to it ? id take the one from you how would i get it in Cincinnati ? how much are you charging ?

thanks for all your help !!!
Mr.sandman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2019 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.sandmanSend a Private Message to Mr.sandmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mr.sandman

32 posts
Member since Jun 2019
also having trouble finding the tcc or auto lockup switch

[This message has been edited by Mr.sandman (edited 07-14-2019).]

Mr.sandman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2019 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.sandmanSend a Private Message to Mr.sandmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mr.sandman

32 posts
Member since Jun 2019
so while cleaning the transmission housing i removed a cable going into the trans and i heard a click when i pulled on it and seen a cable attached to what i was pulling on.. did i break it ? i think its the kick down cable maybe ? i know i'm going to have to get inside the side of the trans to replace that switch correct?

Mr.sandman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2019 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.sandmanSend a Private Message to Mr.sandmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mr.sandman

32 posts
Member since Jun 2019

this is the strut i need .
PFF
System Bot
Mr.sandman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2019 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.sandmanSend a Private Message to Mr.sandmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mr.sandman

32 posts
Member since Jun 2019

engine is all ready for new gaskets and parts !! which is on the way!!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2019 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have an email.

I think pulling on the kick-down cable is how you adjust it. You may not have broken anything.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-14-2019).]

Mr.sandman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2019 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.sandmanSend a Private Message to Mr.sandmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes i do sandmanmb07@ayhoo.com awesome that is good to hear
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2019 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me rephrase that. Check your email. I sent you one.

Is it ayhoo.com or yahoo.com?
Mr.sandman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2019 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.sandmanSend a Private Message to Mr.sandmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oops sandmanmb07@yahoo.com
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock