Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Leather seat covers for $299 too good to be True?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Leather seat covers for $299 too good to be True? by gmctyphoon1992
Started on: 05-30-2019 05:02 PM
Replies: 9 (595 views)
Last post by: darbysan on 06-19-2019 10:56 AM
gmctyphoon1992

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2019 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leather seat covers custom made for $300 bucks too good to be true? Possible leatherette? Anyone bought these before ?

https://www.lseat.com/produ...lDxmgnQaAjhHEALw_wcB
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2019 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've wondered about these too, but wasn't willing to risk the $300!
Crasian

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2019 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you look at the reviews on a different website, not theirs, there are some happy customers. But if you keep reading all the reviews A LOT of buyers had problem... and two reviews stated it’s not genuine leather but a “reconstructed” leather whatever that means. I do admit it sounds really tempting at $300 though.

-Crasian
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2019 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was likely two years ago when I emailed them for a couple sample colors. The reply to my email, as I recall was "Yes". But I never did receive the samples or any other correspondence from them.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2019 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly for $300 I would wager they are still better that what is currently on your seats now!?
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2019 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are a PIA to get on the seats you will have to use a lot of foam and batting to get them to look correct. If i did it again i would have just paid someone. The leather has to be well maintained not a good protectant from the factory on them.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2019 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

They are a PIA to get on the seats you will have to use a lot of foam and batting to get them to look correct. If i did it again i would have just paid someone. The leather has to be well maintained not a good protectant from the factory on them.

I purchased a set when they were selling on eBay for $200 about 8 years ago. The fit is as described above and lots of padding needed to be added to make them look decent. The fit is nothing like Mr Mikes but his leather upholstery is $750. I recently met a Fiero owner here in NJ that had custom leather seats upholstered and installed for that price and they were the best job that I've ever seen.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2019 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed a set in my El Camino a couple of years back. As mentioned, they take a little work with padding to make right ( but I think even Mike's recommends some extra padding). So far they have held up well. I also bought extra vinyl from them to match, and did the door cards. I was going to buy extra leather, but they suggested the vinyl, as it's easier to stretch.

In my case, it was an easy decision, as they didn't have a pattern for my Acura seats, so they gave me 50% discount For a show car, I would probably lean toward's Mike's. For a daily driver / cruiser, these are definitely better than some slip on seat covers that cost nearly as much.

------------------
'87 GT , '00 3800 Series II SC, 4t65e, Vue Power Steering. (SOLD)

gmctyphoon1992

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2019 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Honestly for $300 I would wager they are still better that what is currently on your seats now!?

Thats what I was thinking just throw some seat covers better than the original leather that has completely cracked open on the backs and do alittle foam shaping for fitment
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2019 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gmctyphoon1992:

Thats what I was thinking just throw some seat covers better than the original leather that has completely cracked open on the backs and do alittle foam shaping for fitment

FYI, these Lseat covers are actually replacement leather upholstery. You have to remove the existing covers and replace them. Takes a bit of work, and use of Hog rings, etc. If you just want seat covers that go over your existing upholstery, I've heard good things about the Iggee seat covers. ($175) Several of my friends in the SSR forum have used them, and the fit looks very good.
http://www.iggee.com/MSProd...m=Pontiac*Fiero*1987

------------------
'87 GT , '00 3800 Series II SC, 4t65e, Vue Power Steering. (SOLD)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock