Left Turn Signal/Brake light not working by FieroRob94
Started on: 05-18-2019 06:51 PM
Replies: 4 (134 views)
Last post by: 87fiero2017 on 05-19-2019 07:27 AM
FieroRob94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2019 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRob94Send a Private Message to FieroRob94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am having an issue with the left turn signal not working on my Fiero. If the running lights are off the signal works and blinks just fine, however when the running/headlights are on I can see the left indicator on the dash lit up very dim (without engaging the left signal). With the lights on once I try to engage the left turn signal the dim light on the dash disappears but no left signal/blinking.

The left brake light also does not light up when pressing the brakes. The bulb is not burnt, and was replaced with a new bulb, but still the same issue.

I have replaced the front left turn signal socket thinking it was a ground issue there, but I still the same symptoms. I do not know if it is a coincidence that both issues are happening on the left side.

Any help/insight is greatly appreciated. I am not too sure where the issue might be residing.

[This message has been edited by FieroRob94 (edited 05-18-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2019 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The side marker lights need to be functional for the front to work correctly. As for the brake light, make sure the spring loaded contacts in the socket are moving a bit.
FieroRob94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2019 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRob94Send a Private Message to FieroRob94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info! All four side marker lights are lighting up...do you think it might be some sort of issue with the sockets for the side marker lights? I am going to check those and see if I find anything strange.

Originally posted by Gall757:

The side marker lights need to be functional for the front to work correctly. As for the brake light, make sure the spring loaded contacts in the socket are moving a bit.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2019 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Likely Socket(s) has ground problems. front socket/wiring to start.
See //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/142502.html#p3

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

87fiero2017

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2019 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87fiero2017Send a Private Message to 87fiero2017Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm having the same problem. Both signals are dim on dash and hazards don't work with running lights on

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock