Rear camera cable routing by V8 Formula
Started on: 05-16-2019 05:44 PM
Replies: 6 (387 views)
Last post by: V8 Formula on 05-18-2019 09:35 PM
V8 Formula

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2019 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 FormulaSend a Private Message to V8 FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all, I've searched quite a bit here and can't seem to find info on what the best routing path is for a rear facing camera for a Formula body style. I installed a 7" 2-din head unit that came with a rear camera. I'd like to install the camera, but I'm wondering if someone out there has experience running the video cable from the rear license plate to the stereo head unit. Has anyone found a way through the engine compartment that avoids drilling holes or routing through hot locations? Thanks!

Rick Stewart
Yellow Formula 5-spd

[This message has been edited by V8 Formula (edited 05-16-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2019 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have routed them into the passenger compartment by going through the e-brake cable grommet, and through a shift cable grommet.
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2019 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used the bulkhead connector for the ECU, and just Dremel-ed out a little extra on one side for the wire. Wrapped it in split-loom tubing and routed it carefully away from anything, and so far I've had no issue.

-- A
JMTUT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2019 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMTUTSend a Private Message to JMTUTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ran mine temporarily around the door panel bu putting the wire under the bottom trim then under the door weather strip. I hadn't thought about the brake grommet. Might give that a try.
V8 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2019 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 FormulaSend a Private Message to V8 FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I guess in order to get past the trunk, I don't actually have to go THROUGH the trunk, but AROUND it on the sides maybe? Remove a rear tail light assembly and fish it up through quarter panels, over the wheel well liner or some such shenanigans?
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2019 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by V8 Formula:

So I guess in order to get past the trunk, I don't actually have to go THROUGH the trunk, but AROUND it on the sides maybe? Remove a rear tail light assembly and fish it up through quarter panels, over the wheel well liner or some such shenanigans?

Yeah, I went from the engine compartment, around the trunk, under the weather seal. IIRC, I did have to drill one hole there, with the tail light out, to drop it down. Then I just went down and back to the plate, so I don't think close to the liner.

I can take pix if that would be helpful. IIRC, with the tail light out it's not bad at all, though mine being a GT it may be different.

-- A
V8 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2019 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 FormulaSend a Private Message to V8 FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all, good ideas to try. No stopping me now!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock