Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Fiero Factory 4.9 harness engine code ... any fix?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero Factory 4.9 harness engine code ... any fix? by lou_dias
Started on: 05-03-2019 12:09 PM
Replies: 7 (257 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 05-05-2019 10:10 PM
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I recently added back the bulb to my SES light on my Fiero Factory 4.9 conversion and it's on all the time.

Has anyone over the course of time ever figured out what is the cause of this?

Yes, I know they left the bulb out for this reason... A dozen years later I assume someone must have figured out how to fix this by now...

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 05-03-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you getting any codes?

There is no reason for it to stay on assuming they wired it to the ECM correctly. Maybe something not removed from the MEMCAL when it was programmed?

Is your car a standard? Back in my head I seem to recall something about tricking the ECM into thinking it was connected to an automatic tranny - one would have to dig through my wiring thread on here to see what it was.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that my CEL light was removed, too.
Think I saw a Code 51 or 52 when I scanned it. But mine's been modded to hell and back since I got it back from Ed. (Allante intake and 5 speed swap.)
I also went in and turned off a lot of stuff in the program. The Fiero Factory generally did not do *any* changes to the program.

If I get a chance, I'll scan it again, and see if there are any codes left standing. Way down the list, however.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 05-03-2019).]

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2019 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I think that my CEL light was removed, too.
Think I saw a Code 51 or 52 when I scanned it. But mine's been modded to hell and back since I got it back from Ed. (Allante intake and 5 speed swap.)
I also went in and turned off a lot of stuff in the program. The Fiero Factory generally did not do *any* changes to the program.

If I get a chance, I'll scan it again, and see if there are any codes left standing. Way down the list, however.

Mine was a 5 speed to begin with and I switched to Allante intake with Ford Bosch Design 3 injectors. Runs rich.
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2019 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I followed mickey-moose's wiring thread and had my PCM programmed by stickpony. (5 spd) My light never came on. Check to see which codes you're getting to see if you have a legitimate issue or if it's something that needs to be programmed out.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2019 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

I followed mickey-moose's wiring thread and had my PCM programmed by stickpony. (5 spd) My light never came on. Check to see which codes you're getting to see if you have a legitimate issue or if it's something that needs to be programmed out.

You need to alter your Manifold air temp or intake air temp (i forget what it's called). Since the sensor is in the lower intake in the 4.9, but in the upper plenum in the Allante, the air is much cooler than the 4.9 program is expecting. It enriching the mix to "compensate".
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2019 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
You need to alter your Manifold air temp or intake air temp (i forget what it's called). Since the sensor is in the lower intake in the 4.9, but in the upper plenum in the Allante, the air is much cooler than the 4.9 program is expecting. It enriching the mix to "compensate".

Maybe I should add half a tank of E85 to balance it out.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2019 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Maybe I should add half a tank of E85 to balance it out.

Well... Talk about going around your azz to get to your elbow.

But it could probably work, if you've got a reliable source for E85.

Do it, and scan it. See what your BLMs look like.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock