just keeps gettin' better ! :-( LOL by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 04-12-2019 03:05 PM
Replies: 4 (244 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 04-13-2019 01:47 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2019 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, A guy brought me a "halfway" 3800SC swap, engine and trans in the cradle and cradle in the car .(series 2/4t65e) i got it running, but since the car showed up , Before it was running, it was VERY Hard to Push. (and seemed like emergency brake was on even after it started). I Lifted the rear end up, Drivers wheel spin "freely" in neutral , PASS wheel will only spin Maybe 1/8th of a turn then Lock !t will spin about 20 degrees Each way "FREELY", but no more. It does NOT Spin the Drivers wheel as expected. the car will move under it's own power, BUT, it takes an awful lot of throttle just to Move it at all, (No Noises)
IS IT WHAT I THINK IT IS ??!! Carrier?
I asked if the engine/trans came out of a running car, he said yes, obviously he never saw it MOVE.
thanks for any help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2019 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd start at the brakes (caliper alignment, rubbing pads, warped rotor), then work your way in... (wheel bearing, seized CV joints, rubbing axle) .... then transaxle.
arbakken

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2019 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for arbakkenSend a Private Message to arbakkenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ Agreed, take the calipers off and try again
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2019 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
swap axle CV joint.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2019 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Suspension left hanging and the tripot spider popped out? Easy fix.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock