will not start by fiero 85 GT
Started on: 04-09-2019 03:29 PM
Replies: 6 (177 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 04-16-2019 04:34 PM
fiero 85 GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2019 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero 85 GTSend a Private Message to fiero 85 GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 85 fiero gt that I installed a 4.9 Cadillac . It had been running for the last 2 years. The other day I power washed the engine and engine compartment, I then started the car and moved it back into the garage. The next I went to start car and it would not start. I checked for spark, I checked that the injectors were firing. I then checked the coil, it was good, Checked the module in distributor, it checked good. I cannot figure out what is wrong, anybody have any idea's?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2019 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
power washing. In a few more days it will dry out and you will never know what the problem was. But it could be old spark plug wires. Wait until dark and get a helper to start the car while you look at the engine. You may see little arcs flashing on the wires.
fiero 85 GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2019 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero 85 GTSend a Private Message to fiero 85 GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nobody has any ideas what might be causing this?
donuteater306

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2019 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fuel pressure?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2019 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still won't go?

There are lots of variables with a swapped engine car. Power to the fuel pump would be one, but you need to closely examine all the fuses and the C500 connector. Maybe a 4.9 owner will have some better suggestions.
fiero 85 GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2019 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero 85 GTSend a Private Message to fiero 85 GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fuel pressure is 43 psi, injectors are firing, spark plugs are getting spark. It seems like everything is working as it should but will not start.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2019 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero 85 GT:

It seems like everything is working as it should but will not start.

A friend of mine years ago had a couple of 4.9 powered Fieros. His experience was that if the spark plugs became fuel-soaked for whatever reason, there was no way the engine would start. Many times, all he had to do was pull the plugs to clean/dry or replace them... and engine would then fire right up.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-17-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock