1985 th125 problem ? by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 04-06-2019 05:36 PM
Replies: 4 (149 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 04-12-2019 01:47 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2019 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today for the 1st time, a couple of times, just for a Second, it "felt like" it slipped into neutral going down the road . checked the fluid in park, running, it's right where it out to be, but I've never seen it before with "Bubbles" in it like it's foaming. not burned, but not new either. Ideas ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2019 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you turning, Not on level ground or Both when that happens?
Either/both affects fluid level in the sump.

Parked, Engine Running and Trans is at operating Temp, IE "Hot," is needed for level check.

Foaming could be low and sucking some air or high and gears etc are stirring air in oil.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2019 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
checked at perfectly level in a parking lot. is exactly at full mark. not, low or high. did it once going 50 on a flat road. starting to think Maybe it was dropping out of lockup for a second ! Maybe ?
armos

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2019 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How is your TV cable?
I've had this very rarely happen when driving uphill with low throttle while cold - within a few minutes of starting the car. When it happened, it seemed like it slipped for half a second during the 1-2 upshift on that hill.
For a while it seemed like slightly overfilling the trans fluid made it stop doing this. Now I think it might have been due to my TV cable slipping off one of the guides. Not sure that was a factor every time it happened though.
My TV is also frayed so probably a bit stretched. I need to replace it.

did it once going 50 on a flat road. starting to think Maybe it was dropping out of lockup for a second ! Maybe ?

If it keeps happening, then you could experiment by unplugging the lockup TCC connector.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2019 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hasn't happened again, but I'm going to change the Fluid and filter to be safe

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock