FS nose badge by RPYRAZOO
Started on: 04-01-2019 07:33 PM
Replies: 2 (174 views)
Last post by: RPYRAZOO on 04-02-2019 08:39 AM
RPYRAZOO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2019 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store's GT nose badge is notorious for fogging after some time exposed to the elements. Does anyone think that a coat of Testor's plastic model clear spray paint would remedy this? I need a badge and the FS's seems the most reasonable purchase.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2019 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have two GTs in storage with fiero store badges on them. I put the badge on the 87 in Feb of 13. The badge lasted a few years in the bright FL sun the did its normal thing. I ended up sanding the badge then polishing it and putting a coat of auto motive clear coat on it. Then had to put the car in storage for the last 2 years. I will be pulling it out in the next few weeks so I will check the badge and see what it looks like but is had not seen any sun light since it was worked on. Not the answer you wanted I am sure but it is the best I can do.
RPYRAZOO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2019 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Easy8: Mine is coming out of it's winter "sleep" in a few weeks also. Waiting for your update on the condition of the badge. My nose piece is a new replacement and I'd like to attach the part before it is installed so it can be attached with more than just a screw pin to make it a bit more secure. I'm also going to use super glue on the back of the badge. I have lost two badges to theft so far, so if someone wants this new one they'll have to take the whole car!
Thanks for the input.
Later,
R

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock