Started on: 03-20-2019 10:48 PM
Replies: 4 (451 views)
Last post by: Spoon on 03-30-2019 08:01 PM
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2019 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the 86 Fiero with the 3800SC swap in progress. I want to use the heater return flow pattern like the 88's have. I'll be sending my heater return water into the passenger side coolant pipe. I've never seen a 88 chassis so I posted a pic. Is this coolant connection and hose configuration what the factory used for 88 or is this somebody's creativeness which appears to be sound?

I wouldn't try to make my 86 coolant pipe like that due to the thin stainless and the risk of ruining it. So I've shown some options and I welcome some opinions on making this connection. See pics respectfully borrowed.

Spoon
------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

[This message has been edited by Spoon (edited 03-20-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is the style used on the 88's.

It's also the style used on the 87's, and the passenger side 87 coolant tube would be a direct fit on your 86 and solve your problem.
Spoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

That is the style used on the 88's.

It's also the style used on the 87's, and the passenger side 87 coolant tube would be a direct fit on your 86 and solve your problem.

Thanks for the help olejoedad. I'll track down a 87-88 coolant pipe.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 will not work, you must have an 87.

The 88 is much different in the front and will not fit your 86.
Spoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2019 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

88 will not work, you must have an 87.

The 88 is much different in the front and will not fit your 86.

Thanks for that tip. I'll redirect my search for the 87.

Spoon

------------------

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock