hot start trouble by Dr. Trey
Started on: 03-19-2019 02:56 PM
Replies: 1 (66 views)
Last post by: theogre on 03-19-2019 04:37 PM
Dr. Trey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. TreySend a Private Message to Dr. TreyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hows it going every one, Iv been doing this Fiero thing for a while now but Im in uncharted waters again. My car is a 2.8 v6 thats fully built from top to bottom but my girlfriend just got herself an 88 se and I need some help with it. It has a 2.5 which is where the trouble is for me. The car has an intermittent hot start issue. Basically you are fine if you die in traffic and need a quick restart, or if it sits for over an hour. The problem is that if it sits for more than about 10 minutes it will not start for about an hour. As near as I can tell its like its cutting fuel. You can take the intake top off and watch it not spray anything but if you spray ether it will start fine and usually catch and idle. So this lead me to suspect a crank sensor issue so I replaced it and the problem persisted. I then started disconnecting fuel lines and found that the return line at the throttle body was dry. I took the regulator off the throttle body and it seemed to be stuck. Now I have fuel in the return line and a new crank sensor but the car still some times will refuse to spray fuel on a hot start. I haven't confirmed fuel pressure but when it is acting up if you disconnect the fuel line at the throttle body there is plenty of fuel in there. Any one else run into this issue?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
try to start and no fuel when you look down the TBI likely Ignition or ECM is "dead."
ECM won't turn on the injector w/o seeing Igntion signal.
ECM can "die" from heat and cracked solder joints causing same
Fuel pump can have problems too.
all w/o setting codes.

Try See my Cave, ECM Heat or just remove the console. Even try tapping ECM w/ fingers may help.
If that helps get rebuilt ECM locally and move the prom inside to the new unit.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock