3.4 DOHC Swap Evap Canister by 355Fiero
Started on: 03-14-2019 10:49 AM
Replies: 1 (198 views)
Last post by: 355Fiero on 03-14-2019 11:19 AM
355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2019 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All;

Been searching the site for several days looking at evap canister discussions and I would just like to confirm a couple items before I go down the path I think I need to on this swap.

'96 3.4 DOHC 91-93 ODBI ECU.

In my reading, I see that some folks doing the more common 3800 swap, get a newer canister that works with the newer engines and remote solenoids. Others have just used the Fiero canister and taken vacuum off the engine as with the Fiero. I believe there is a delete requirement in the 3.4 ECU programming if you use the Fiero setup and remove the remote solenoid etc. I don't have easy access to the programming piece of the setup so I guess I need to go with the remote solenoid setup.

Question:

Can I use the Fiero canister and do something to delete the vacuum solenoid on it? I have the Fiero canister and everything is setup in the engine bay for that so thought I would try to reuse it if I can. if not, off to find a newer canister. Looked through the site again and was not able to find if the Fiero canister can be used with some delete work. I also don't have as easy access to a parts yard as other areas do as well so part hunting is a bit different for me. No pick-a-part or u-pick near me. Just a counter and a guy saying they don't have anything that old......

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Don
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2019 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little more looking around and I stumbled on to an excellent explanation from Darth Fiero. You are an outstanding resource to the Fiero community Darth Fiero. Thank you.

The install is so simple. Tee the two vacuum lines off the Fiero canister into the "CAN" on the remote solenoid and make sure the other side of the solenoid is connected to vacuum off the TB.

Another problem solved again by the great support of this community.

Thanks
Don

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock