Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Headlight wiring harness connector melted beyond repair, lead on new one?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Headlight wiring harness connector melted beyond repair, lead on new one? by JWfirstfiero
Started on: 03-13-2019 07:46 PM
Replies: 9 (476 views)
Last post by: N0ctrnl on 04-28-2019 03:49 PM
JWfirstfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JWfirstfieroSend a Private Message to JWfirstfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have recently acquired my 84 Fiero, and I love it so far. Finding out though that the parts market is super slim. My passenger side headlight motor didn't work. I looked at the relay, and it was completely melted down. The connector from the actual wiring harness to the relay is damaged beyond repair and is causing a parasitic draw on the battery. I need a whole new three pin connector to splice in place and I can't find one anywhere. I am looking for a lead to a website or other wholesaler for parts or new, or someone who actually has a parts Fiero I could buy a connector off of. Anyone else replace one of these connectors?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BodymanBill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BodymanBillSend a Private Message to BodymanBillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try Rockauto.
If not good bet there is a fiero in a junk yard near by.
Rick Vanderpool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick VanderpoolSend a Private Message to Rick VanderpoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store should have what you need. fierostore.com
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2019 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sadly very likely have other problems then fried relay and plug.
Motor is bad and fried the other parts.
See my Cave, Gen 1 HL Motor

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

vette7584

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2019 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a compete front harness from an 84 indy, 60,000 miles, i will sell it for $40 plus shipping, you have a PM
JWfirstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2019 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JWfirstfieroSend a Private Message to JWfirstfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate the feedback guys thank you. I had considered that the motor was burned up but haven't been able to test it yet. I was waiting to get the right pieces to "plug it back in" and give it a shot before I disassembled it and inspected the inside. I hadn't yet considered the gen 2 conversion but it may be worth looking in to, anyone here done it? Anyway, the focus of this question was centered on the three pin white plastic connector with the red, black, and pink wires coming out of it that fits in one half of the headlight motor relay. For anyone confused about my initial question, I was looking for a source to get a replacement connector.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2019 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JWfirstfiero:

it may be worth looking in to, anyone here done it?

Gen. 1 to Gen. 2 Headlight Swap
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2019 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
plus NEW Gen2 motors are still available when old motors die.
JWfirstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2019 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JWfirstfieroSend a Private Message to JWfirstfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats an awesome guide for the conversion, thank you. Good point with the replacement motors thing ogre.
N0ctrnl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2019 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N0ctrnlSend a Private Message to N0ctrnlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I was wandering through the junkyard today (Sunday funday!), and came across relay connectors that are the same in an old mid-80s G-body.

This relay came from inside the dash (right side, behind the glovebox), so it's not got any gunk at all in the connector.

Not sure if this is a known thing or not, but these are way better than the any of the ones I've seen.

Hope this helps somebody else!

[This message has been edited by N0ctrnl (edited 04-28-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock