Lebaron rotor question by thecage
Started on: 02-12-2019 02:51 PM
Replies: 4 (170 views)
Last post by: Spadesluck on 02-13-2019 01:49 AM
thecage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2019 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thecageSend a Private Message to thecageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone confirm if the 282mm vented lebaron rotor would work on the Lebaron brake upgrade or does it have to be 286mm.
Having a hard time finding slotted and drilled rotors.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2019 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lebaron rotors are confusing because different option packages had different wheel and rotor sizes. But what you are looking for is the rear vented rotor that measures about 11.25" and incorporates the parking brake drum.

[This message has been edited by wftb (edited 02-12-2019).]

thecage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2019 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thecageSend a Private Message to thecageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes pretty confusing indeed. Seems the 286mm are the correct ones but was wondering if the 282mm would work.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2019 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used the front vented rotors because they do not have the built in drum. I really don't know the diameter, they seem pretty close to the rear rotor size. You have to shim the bracket out from the spindle to get them centred in the caliper. Other than that they work fine and are slightly lighter. I returned 2 sets until I finally got the right ones in. Wasn't a problem at Cdn Tire because they were not special order at the time.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2019 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When trying to find the correct LeBaron rotor look for the LeBaron GTC ones. My Archie brakes use same rotors as well.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock