Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  T-top map light with sub control questions..

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
T-top map light with sub control questions.. by Crasian
Started on: 02-05-2019 03:36 PM
Replies: 3 (162 views)
Last post by: Crasian on 02-05-2019 09:09 PM
Crasian

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a question. My ‘88 t-top didn’t come with the performance sound option. I’m not sure if it was available with that option.. my map light “cover” has a hole where the “slider” would be but it looks like it was made to only work with an earlier set up with the three buttos to turn on a light. Is the sub control put somewhere else? Was the map light cover modified to work with the sub system? I can’t find anything about it at all. Thanks for any input.

*I am asking because I want to install the performance sound system and don’t know how the factory did it.

-Crasian
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many T-Top GT's came with the performance sound option. You will need to cut the corners off of the maplight with the slider controls so the trim cover will fit. You will then need to carefully remove the bezel that says "Performance Sound" from the original maplight housing. Now screw the T-top trim cover to the maplight housing and glue that "Performance Sound" bezel to the trim cover. You are done!

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfiero

8996 posts
Member since Mar 99
Double post!

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 02-05-2019).]

Crasian

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So that is how it’s done. Thanks for the info!! I try to keep the interior looking as stock and original as possible, totally ‘80’s

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock