LQ1 Wiring diagrams by Rick Vanderpool
Started on: 01-30-2019 02:27 PM
Replies: 5 (204 views)
Last post by: msweldon on 01-31-2019 10:11 AM
Rick Vanderpool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick VanderpoolSend a Private Message to Rick VanderpoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, I am working on putting a LQ1 from a Monte Carlo Z34 in a 1988 Formula and I need the wiring diagrams from the Monte in order to do the swap. Can you tell me if the Monte Carlo factory service manual contains schematics? I don't want to purchase one if it won't provide the information I need,\.
Thanks
Rick
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What year Monte Carlo do you have ? I have a Monte z34 set of FSMs for 1997
Rick Vanderpool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick VanderpoolSend a Private Message to Rick VanderpoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a 1996.
Rick Vanderpool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick VanderpoolSend a Private Message to Rick VanderpoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick Vanderpool

233 posts
Member since Aug 2010

Originally posted by msweldon:

What year Monte Carlo do you have ? I have a Monte z34 set of FSMs for 1997

It's a 1996. Does the manual have complete wiring information? As I said, I don't mind purchasing a manual but I need to know it has the data I need.

Rick
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This site should help you http://www.dohcfiero.com/Factory%20ECU.htm
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2019 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick Vanderpool:

It's a 1996. Does the manual have complete wiring information? As I said, I don't mind purchasing a manual but I need to know it has the data I need.

Rick

My apologies for not getting back to you yesterday... yes... my 1997 Monte FSMs have wiring diagrams.. fyi there are 17 pages of wiring diagrams for the engine controls alone, sub system by sub system. Furthermore they are invaluable if you have to replace the timing belt, rebuild the timing tensioner, when to use SSTs and how..

If you plan to stay with the engine in NA mode but do any modifications, headers, shorty intake, cams, etc.. I recommend going with a 97 ECU to drive the 96 engine. Same hookups but the 97 ECU is tunable via HPTuners and TunerCAT.

how many miles are on your LQ1?

[This message has been edited by msweldon (edited 01-31-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock