High Idle by JMTUT
Started on: 01-29-2019 08:22 PM
Replies: 2 (127 views)
Last post by: JMTUT on 01-30-2019 04:51 PM
JMTUT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMTUTSend a Private Message to JMTUTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had a high idle on my 85 duke for the year I've owned it. Started out at about 1500 rpms but after replacing vacuum lines, TBI rebuild, New Map, New Iac, New pvc,and New EGR valve it now will idle down to 875-950. However, after warm up, it will only idle down to that after I blip the throttle. This means at every stop light I have to rev the engine slightly to get it down from about 1100. I thought it might be mechanical so I let off the clutch slowly without touching the throttle and it still idled back up to 1100 until I blipped the throttle. Anyone have any ideas on what can cause this?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JMTUT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMTUTSend a Private Message to JMTUTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the link. My idle doesn't seem to me to be vacuum related. The only thing I haven't changed so far is the tps.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock