HELP!!! Keys locked in trunk! by 4thfiero
Started on: 01-29-2019 04:08 PM
Replies: 6 (362 views)
Last post by: David Hambleton on 01-29-2019 09:39 PM
4thfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So like an idiot i closed my rear decklid with my keys in it and now i cant open my decklid....(i dont have the interior button hooked up, or a spare key atm....)

1) i have the whole decklid/rear window defoger assembly/buttons/wiring in my house, but if i remember correctly when i was rebuilding the car, i couldnt find where to plug it into on the front wiring harness....did ALL Fiero's come with the rear decklid button? or no....im worried i wont be able to hook it up and simply pop it via the button.

2) locksmith just tried to pick the lock and failed...

3) any other ways you guys know of to pop or access the trunk if its locked....thank u in advance
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update:

I found my spare keys!! (Thank you Jesus!)

K...so along this line, again I have the trunk release and rear defogger button/connector and wires FROM the connector....can I wire that into ANY Fiero harness?
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there is a relay up under the dash near the steering column that might be there. You don't need it any way. You take a hot all the time positive feed to one side of the trunk switch and from the other side of the switch run to the connector on the solinoid that sits on the underside of the decklid above the latch assembly. The bar that the latch grabs is the ground so keep it clean. Press the button and the trunk should pop open.

[This message has been edited by wftb (edited 01-29-2019).]

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just want to point out an important thing we should all do; Have a place where you keep your SPARE keys- I have a small baggy with all of my spare keys.....Someplace........And usually, I can reNember where that is!

If you are really stuck, I have at times, in the junk yard, been able to open Fiero trunks by jamming a slot screwdriver in the lock, and then grabbing it with Visegrips and turning.....

Also.....NEVER lay your keys in the trunk! In your pocket, in the ignition, yes...On the counter in the kitchen......Seems obvious, but get in the habit......(Or get out of bad habits)

And please don't ask what I have done wrong...in the past (Yes.....yes....in the.....past.....smarter now........)
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
k thanks ill check for those wires, can the same be said for the defogger too???

Yes all good tips, funny thing is i REMEMBERED that i had a spot for my spare keys...lol...i am norally a person that follows ALL these rules and havnt had this with any car in YEARS....but today was -50 where i live ....so i moved fast and got lazy.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know, I have never had to work on my defogger.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The sockets for the trunk and defroster switches will be accessible behind the switch locations (unless they'be been moved).
There's a relay for the defroster just above the brake pedal.
Check your fuse panel for proper power access.
If there never was a trunk release solenoid, you'll have to fish the wire through the decklid to the connector that should be near one of the hinges depending on the model year.
I have found the factory service manuals to be very helpful with the schematics, diagrams and sketches showing actual connections and locations.
https://www.fierostore.com/...%20%2084CD&d=281&p=1

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 01-29-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock