Radio by tazome
Started on: 01-17-2019 11:51 PM
Replies: 9 (314 views)
Last post by: donuteater306 on 01-23-2019 12:24 AM
tazome

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tazomeSend a Private Message to tazomeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to find another am/fm radio with cass an EQ for a 87 fiero. Are ther other GM cars that used the same radio that the fiero dose? , makes it easyer when i go to pick u pull ) thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
EmilioD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2019 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EmilioDSend a Private Message to EmilioDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that early 90s Gran Am and Bonneville will work, Same for Chev Cavaliers but the radio illumination is different .

Good Luck
tazome

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2019 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tazomeSend a Private Message to tazomeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will the cadilac sevile 85 to 88 work?
EmilioD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2019 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EmilioDSend a Private Message to EmilioDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know but I believe that the illumination will not be amber/red as it i in the Pontiacs
EmilioD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2019 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EmilioDSend a Private Message to EmilioDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

EmilioD

62 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Thanks to all for the very good information'
Emilio D
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2019 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Contact Fiero Tom , he has some great deals, the Monsoon radio is a direct plug in unit, lights match the stock lighting.

Here's a link: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/075303.html

Good luck.
tazome

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2019 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tazomeSend a Private Message to tazomeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool thanks so much for all your help, I lost alot of stuff in the redding carr fire that was in storage
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2019 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have a bunch of stuff....But let me know whatever you need- if I don't have it I can go to a junk yard and get it, or even ask the other members of the Golden Gate Fiero club if they have spares.......

The stereo thing....You can install a monsoon radio w/CD player.......it matches the orange lighting- even the readout! It fits very well- You do need a wire loom adapter- usually supplied. They have to have the "Theft-lock" disabled (E-lec-tronic-lee)........That is why it's best to go to a supplier...unless you are electro-mechanically inclined....

To check for new arrivals at local junk yards, check "Row 52".....shows a pic and the date when delivered.....By the way, what year and type Fiero do you have?
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2019 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can use later years sound system but need adapters for power and antenna.
But watch what later years because many are VIN locked and won't work w/o BCM etc on OBD2 GM cars.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

donuteater306

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tazome:

will the cadilac sevile 85 to 88 work?

No, the Cadillac radio with the split cassette door and face that says "Symphony Sound" will not work in the Fiero. It will plug in and you'll have sound, but no backlighting or illumination. Cadillac wires things a little differently.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock