Lowering '86 GT front end... by CSM842M4
Started on: 01-06-2019 10:27 AM
Replies: 2 (117 views)
Last post by: CSM842M4 on 01-06-2019 09:03 PM
CSM842M4

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2019 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CSM842M4Click Here to Email CSM842M4Send a Private Message to CSM842M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Eventually, I know I'm going to lower my GT, 1 to 2 inches all around. Looks like building rear adjustable coil-overs is a pretty straightforward process. But what is the best way to lower the front? Lowering springs or ACO's? I've seen posts related to front lowering springs, but nothing showed up in Search about coil-overs, and there doesn't appear to be anything in the FAQ's. I'm not going steady with either way, but I like the looks and adjustability of the coil-over idea. Any ideas from anybody who has done it or thought about it would be greatly welcome! Thanks in advance - Chris

IP: Logged

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2019 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbClick Here to Email wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Coilovers on the front are great I love mine But the only way to do this is with aftermarket tube arms. Most of the companies that made these no longer exist with the exception of West Coast Fieros. A cheap and easy way to lower an 84-87 is using Rodney Dickman's lowering ball joints and your stock springs. Combine them with an adjustable shock and you can make a big improvement.

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

CSM842M4

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2019 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CSM842M4Click Here to Email CSM842M4Send a Private Message to CSM842M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, wftb. Wow, West Coast Fiero appears to be quite pleased with their control arms. But when you're the only player, you kinda get to make the rules of the game. They ARE pretty, though, aren't they? Might have to start saving my lunch money...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock