wire harness 3800sc question by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 01-04-2019 05:56 PM
Replies: 15 (534 views)
Last post by: jb1 on 01-05-2019 06:35 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2019 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
putting together "Someone else's" wiring harness. got it all hooked Except, the are 2 plugs, "exactly the same" that "look like" one is for the Temp sender in the head, the other MAYBE ? AC pressure ?- (both Round with 3 wires) one is wired green/yellow/ black, the other is red/gray/black. I'm thinking the green/yellow black is temp. is there anything else the other can be besides AC Pressure ? thanks for the input.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2019 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you know what car it came out of? If you do I could look it up at work. If I remember.
I kind of lean to the yellow/black as a temp sensor, with green for the gauge. Careful here, the air temp sensor and vss use very close colors, but are only 2 wire sensors. My first swap had the vss and air connectors reversed(I could sworn that purple looked black)
The temp sensor could be 3 wire, but only if it had a temperature gauge. Also the temperature light signal comes from the PCM. 2 other places that use the same type connector are, like you said A/c pressure switches and the oil sending unit. The sending unit wires might be in the harness, but won't connect to the PCM.
If you don't know what car it came out of. And if the harness is not all taped up, you could follow the wires back to the PCM. Then you could id them by connector pin out.
cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2019 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cmechmann

981 posts
Member since Dec 2012
Just went to a schematic. Supposed to be from 98-2001.
Coolant temp yellow/black. But remember with gauge equipped cars, there is a 3rd wire. That wire can be spliced to the c500 or take it back into the car with PCM harness and connect it at the C203. Either you can get to the temp gauge feed.
A/C pressure sensor gray/red-black(stripe)/black
AIR tan/black
VSS yellow/purple
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2019 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it is a harness made by someone named james brown ?, for a 3800sc into a 1986 fiero GT
cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2019 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See if this helps. The wire colors are even close.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-...GM-ECT-/152296502874
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lot...m8AAOSwsXFZN4Bj:rk:5 f:0&vxp=mtr
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LT...ail-AC-/121121764340
this is the normal 2 wire coolant temp sensor. https://www.ebay.com/itm/En...-97-05-/142533375521
And this is why I said to be careful with the VSS https://www.ebay.com/itm/T5...ission-/200744829506

[This message has been edited by cmechmann (edited 01-04-2019).]

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2019 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea, the yellow/green black is temp, tthe Other one has to be AC I guess. thanks
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2019 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

it is a harness made by someone named james brown ?, for a 3800sc into a 1986 fiero GT

That guy does work from Facebook but it sounds like an alias or maybe it's the great soul singer!.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2019 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a Corvair hub conversion from him, absolutely first rate.

The red/black/gray is A/C.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2019 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it is the guy off facebook. the HARNESS is Very Nice, I can't say the same for the "Mount" kit. ( had to spend so much time cutting, grinding and Re-drilling). I'd take Fiero Rog's mounts over these any day. I usually make all my own parts, but a friend dropped off a "pile of parts" and asked me to put it all together for him. thanks
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2019 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should have had to cut nothing .. once mounts are set into place you drill 4 holes 2 for engine mount 2 for the front trans mount.. not to sure what you ran into , but out of 30 sets you are the first on some trans 2 small spacers have to be cut as at time of making them I did not have a trans that had the protruding center bolt to get measurements to make the spacers.. They are same as fiero x purple reign mounts etc. Your friend has my # if you have any questions on harness or anything you are free to call , be glad to help any way I can.

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 01-05-2019).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2019 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't recommend going by just the wire colors.
Once you have an idea of what the connector is for, you should also know the location of the terminating ends (ecm, 500 ro 203 connector pin locations), so you can check for continuity and verify where the wires go and know for sure what each connector is for.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2019 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's good advice.
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2019 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would agree but in this case. It is accurate , the red, black and grey wire is for the a/c And the green ,yellow and black is for the cts
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2019 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

it is the guy off facebook. the HARNESS is Very Nice, I can't say the same for the "Mount" kit. ( had to spend so much time cutting, grinding and Re-drilling). I'd take Fiero Rog's mounts over these any day. I usually make all my own parts, but a friend dropped off a "pile of parts" and asked me to put it all together for him. thanks

Would this James Brown be working out of the Dallas TX area?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2019 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
may be jb1 who just answered this thread,tennesse. Don't know.
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2019 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in Tn , not from TX..

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock