fiero windshield? by fierogt28
Started on: 12-28-2018 11:45 PM
Replies: 16 (770 views)
Last post by: zobari on 03-14-2019 04:28 PM
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are PPG windshields still available for the fiero?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88Fingers

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2018 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That I don't know but Prosource seems to have them.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2018 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you go to your local auto glass place they will be able to tell you what brands are available. I haven't had any trouble getting Fiero or any other old car windshields. So far anyway.
88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2018 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rock Auto shows them as available too but the shipping is killer!
ZCR1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2018 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZCR1Send a Private Message to ZCR1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Safelite shows them available installed for around $200.00.
_Edit: in the U.S. that is. I just noticed you were in Canada.

[This message has been edited by ZCR1 (edited 12-29-2018).]

John W. Tilford

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2018 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John W. TilfordClick Here to visit John W. Tilford's HomePageSend a Private Message to John W. TilfordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Perfection Auto Glass" in Bloomington, IN got one for me last week. Came with the tint on top edge, although not as wide or dark as original. $252 installed.
spad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2019 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spadClick Here to visit spad's HomePageSend a Private Message to spadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could someone check, if windshield glass is still available at Rockauto? Part number would be great. I have '86 GT, but glass should be all the same.

I think that Rockauto webshop will recognize that I'm from Europe and does not show all items. I would need to find one within a week.
Thank you!
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2019 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe I did the saflite thing 2 years ago. Came to the house put the windshield in, no problem. Looks better than the old one.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2019 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spadesluck

2069 posts
Member since Jul 2016

Originally posted by spad:

Could someone check, if windshield glass is still available at Rockauto? Part number would be great. I have '86 GT, but glass should be all the same.

I think that Rockauto webshop will recognize that I'm from Europe and does not show all items. I would need to find one within a week.
Thank you!

I don't see anything.
spad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2019 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spadClick Here to visit spad's HomePageSend a Private Message to spadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

I don't see anything.

Thank you, that's a bummer.
I'm quite sure we Europeans can get Pilkington glass, witch should be excellent quality. Price list for automotive shops 2017 list it as $ 635. With shop's discount's, I assume it would be about the same installed.
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2019 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked one up new from my local glass shop just north of calgary for $250 Canadian a few years ago. Seems to be of good quality
PFF
System Bot
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2019 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reallybig:

I picked one up new from my local glass shop just north of calgary for $250 Canadian a few years ago. Seems to be of good quality

Any idea what brand it is?

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2019 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope. Its buried in snow right now.
cebix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2019 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anybody found anything new in this subject? Can you still get a new windshield? If so, where?
zobari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In my country belgium (europe), that costs 550e with replacement at Awaglass belgium.
My windshield has a little crack in the passenger side top to middle (30-40cm length).
Firstly, i will try to repair it with epoxy like that-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jr9Gojvt6E

[This message has been edited by zobari (edited 03-13-2019).]

cebix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good. Could you give me a contact number or email address to this company? Thank you in advance.
EDIT Nevermind, I just noticed that the company name is Awaglass.

EDIT2: Contacted them, unfortunately they have a no name brand windshield.

[This message has been edited by cebix (edited 03-14-2019).]

zobari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2019 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For Europeans Owners :

https://crucial-parts.co.uk...8ec7633/Products/970

[This message has been edited by zobari (edited 03-14-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock