Window guide lubricant...? by cvxjet
Started on: 12-10-2018 07:35 PM
Replies: 1 (140 views)
Last post by: theogre on 12-10-2018 08:39 PM
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2018 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK...I have been around the block several times on this question and I get numerous, contradictory answers; What lubricant should I use on my Fiero Manual window regulators...Guides and gear drive...?

I have heard some suggest Lithium grease, then others say the Lithium grease will damage plastic parts (Which there are in the guides), Silicone grease, and even Lubriplate, which I think is the safest bet- but then there are 50 different Lubriplate greases........Arrrrggggggggg!

Any good info would be appreciated!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2018 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PW windows have same problems as manual plus motor problems...

"standard" lubriplate is white grease in most cases.

Fiero window rollers center can bind on the pivots and won't roll and most lubes just make more problems because Most oil/grease will attack most plastics.
Lube them only helps for a short term then often is worse soon after.
Some have better using new rollers by removing new pivots then push on the old pivots.
Check https://www.dormanproducts.com/ then order thru amazon, part stores, etc.

If the big spring is binding then you have a hard time working the window... "Clean" spring to get out rust and dirt w/ cheap spray oil then lube w/ silicon or Teflon. Careful use of a screwdriver to separate coils to clean.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock