Coolant flush walk through by branger
Started on: 12-02-2018 11:38 PM
Replies: 4 (114 views)
Last post by: branger on 12-04-2018 05:02 PM
branger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brangerClick Here to Email brangerSend a Private Message to brangerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Folks: I want to do a coolant flush and not sure how to do it. I have a 1986 2M6- V6. A walk through on how to do it, would be awesome!
Thanks

[This message has been edited by branger (edited 12-03-2018).]

IP: Logged

USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by branger:

Hey Folks: I want to do a coolant flush and not sure how to do it. I have a 1986 2M6- V6. A walk through on how to do it, would be awesome!
Thanks

Do a quick search -- tons on here about the coolant flushes for Fieros. There is some contradictory info . . . but research first and then circle back with questions. Much easier.

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is one thread to get you started....

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090219-2-084086.html

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 538
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You need 2 gallon of straight coolant, NOT 50/50 premix.
See my Cave, Coolant Fill

Two plugs on the lower pipes and "plug" on radiator.
If flushing, can just drain the pipes and that will drain most of the rest w/o getting under the car.
Most DIY can Install flush kit from Prestone et al and follow kit's directions but Radiator "outlet pipe" often doesn't work on Fiero.
Drain most of water after then fill as directions in my Cave.

If coolant get on electrical parts, clean them before turning on. Coolant is very conductive and can short out many things.
Most Engines have drains but don't bother them.
Pipe drains are not SS and can rust etc. Plus is Not metric pipe fitting but rust/wear can make metric allens to work better. Use a small straight screw driver etc to clean the plugs before trying to remove them.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

branger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brangerClick Here to Email brangerSend a Private Message to brangerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks For the feedback! Much appreciated.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock