full color Wiring Diagram for fiero ? by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 12-01-2018 06:34 PM
Replies: 6 (607 views)
Last post by: theogre on 12-05-2018 01:39 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2018 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always buy the" Laminated/ Colored Wiring Diagrams" when available. IS THERE a Color coded Wiring diagram for the fiero (Full Car)? ( Not the hard to read one in a fiero manual) Or a LINK to one would be great for everyone ! the car I'm working on, someone 'CUT OUT" ALL the relays and plugs for the front Lights! Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2018 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Have a 1985 fiero "SERVICE MANUAL" , and I can't even Find a "wire diagram" in it ! anyone know what page it might be on ???
Madathlon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2018 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadathlonSend a Private Message to MadathlonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While a wiring diagram would be wonderful you best fix would be a donor harness. The amount of wiring in the headlight system can be overwhelming.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what I really NEED is: ( the plugs are there for the headlights and motors), but" behind the drivers side headlight", - 6 Wires were cut. (coming out of the Main harness) yellow, white, black wires, coming from the tire side of the front bulkhead. and pink, blue ,black /white wires going towards the front of the car. (ALL" IN the Main harness"). If I can find out where they are supposed to go...... relay? thanks
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

I always buy the" Laminated/ Colored Wiring Diagrams" when available. IS THERE a Color coded Wiring diagram for the fiero (Full Car)?

They wiring varies by year/engine/transmission.
You didn't say what you have...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wiring diagrams are in section 8 of the Factory Service Manual.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big Problem There Isn't One Wiring "Map" for Fiero that anyone can publish. Many other cars are the same regardless what a poster on the wall says.
Whole car wiring can and will change for many options. Big one is Auto vs Manual Trans cars then add AC vs Non-AC for each type. So right away you have 4 major maps. Then add engine bay wiring for each engines... HEI Duke, DIS Duke, and V6 in auto and man trans setups. You have Six 500 zone sub-maps at minimum for 85-88 Fiero.
That's ignoring 84 had it's own wiring plan because didn't used V6 engine. Plus 84 had C500 carrying heavy current output from the alt and fuse links at the starter too. All Later years had the Main Power Junction "Box" under C500 w/ all fuse links etc at the point.

This is why one part of problems using Haynes and others are crap to trace wiring problem. Worse, Haynes and Chilton have a lot of missing data for many wiring and other issues.

Sorry but you can't trust many FSM either. Just for Fiero alone GM/Helm have Cut/Past many pages, even entire sections, from other FSM and never bothered to read the data. Even then many wiring diagrams are missing info like Fuel, Engine Temp and OP gauges have a resistor on back and never cover in the FSM at all and dash dimmer circuit diagram doesn't = what in the car completely.
Some TSB you get thru Alldata etc have updates to FSM but many "errors" are never corrected even this way. Example: You only get correct rear brakes section in 87 Fiero FSM, early years have wrong pictures at minimum.

You should read FSM on how to read the wiring diagram or at lest See my Cave, Wire Reading even if you only have Alldata or Haynes etc rags because many are copy/pasted the same factory diagrams.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock