Who Can Make Some Custom 88 Rear Hubs? by madisonm55
Started on: 11-27-2018 06:27 PM
Replies: 6 (281 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 11-28-2018 03:25 PM
madisonm55

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madisonm55Send a Private Message to madisonm55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that arraut is out of business i was looking for anywhere out there that could make a set of 88 rear hubs in the corvette bolt pattern for a project im doing?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe you can have the Fiero hub flange drilled to the Corvette pattern......I think the hub/bearing on the rear of all Fieros are sealed units that can't be pulled apart for installation of an aluminum hub......
madisonm55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madisonm55Send a Private Message to madisonm55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can on the fronts not the rears. Smaller mounting surface.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that some of the guys replace the rear hubs with some off of other cars- Most other GM cars use larger lug patterns.....Even if the pattern doesn't line up, the flange should be bigger.......And I know someone did redrill a Fiero rear flange..........I'll keep searching for it. The only one I found so far was a guy who started with a basically stock Fiero, and had installed Vette rims on it, but when I looked at the build thread it turned out that he had installed Vette uprights in the rear...Later he actually installed a longitudinal engine/trany, etc.......Pretty extreme customizing......
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney Dickman has the required skill to implement this project.

Now just send him an RFQ...
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madisonm55:

Now that arraut is out of business i was looking for anywhere out there that could make a set of 88 rear hubs in the corvette bolt pattern for a project im doing?

I'm slowly working on fabricated uprights that will take the Corvette wheel bearing.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ones who modified the stock fiero rear wheel flange, machined a plate for the backside of the wheel flange, welded it to the wheel flange, and then turned the face down.
The rear wheel bearings can be disassembled and reassembled, but you are left with the stock wheel bearing flange that has already been proven to break under racing applications.

You can custom machine an S10 wheel bearing as well as the 88 upright - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/120747.html

An even better method is to use the 2005+ W-body wheel bearings and redrill them or just use the C5 wheel bearing - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/125016.html

Or go all out and redesign the upright to accept the bearing of your choosing - http://coppertopautosports....art=14&by-date=false

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock