Started on: 11-26-2018 06:55 PM
Replies: 6 (547 views)
Last post by: cyrus88 on 11-28-2018 08:35 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2018 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed a Champion 3 row radiator on my Fiero three years ago and it cools well. The OEM radiator had a chrome radiator cap tthat I removed and tried to use on the Champion. It went on but did not seal.
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 11-28-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2018 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the great info Dennis. I have planned on purchasing a three row Champion radiator and this info will help when I pull the trigger.
cyrus88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2018 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems odd to me. I have a 3-core Champion Radiator and use standard 18-psi radiator cap used on Camaros with no problems. The parts numbers you listed seem to have too small an inner seal, at least they appear that way from the pictures; they look like the ones on my Honda.

So, have you actually tried a used one before you bought the new one from Ebay, or will the new one be your first try? I am curious to see your results.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
make sure any rad cap is Non-Vented for Fiero.
See my Cave, Radiator Caps

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cyrus88:

Seems odd to me. I have a 3-core Champion Radiator and use standard 18-psi radiator cap used on Camaros with no problems. The parts numbers you listed seem to have too small an inner seal, at least they appear that way from the pictures; they look like the ones on my Honda.

So, have you actually tried a used one before you bought the new one from Ebay, or will the new one be your first try? I am curious to see your results.

The part number came from Champions listed number for the cap. The Fiero cap leaked like crazy so we will check when the cap comes in. GM did use that cap on some vehicles so we shall see.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NOT SOLVED. Got cap today.I tried but wrong cap so ignore this post. Wrong part cross reference. My bad!

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 11-30-2018).]

cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you say wrong cap, do you mean the vendor sent you a different cap than you ordered, or that the cap you ordered does not fit the radiator?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock