Heater Corr remove and replace??? by kevin
Started on: 11-26-2018 09:41 AM
Replies: 10 (152 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 12-03-2018 07:14 PM
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2018 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinClick Here to Email kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fellas,
I need to remove and replace my heater core. I heard that one could remove and replace the heater core WITHOUT having to remove it from under the (passenger side) dash? Is that correct? In other words, you can remove it from the front? [removing sundry bolts, etc. from the area near the spare tire] I did my search on the Forum but could not find anything? Any ideas?
Cordially,
kevin
Ps. I have the Pontiac sub-speaker near my heater core. Therefore, with all that extra hardware, I fear that I will have to pull out my entire dash to get at it from the inside πŸ˜–

IP: Logged

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 312
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2018 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To replace the heater core the heater box must be opened and removed. Its not a difficult job

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2018 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinClick Here to Email kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Dennis,
I understand it is not that difficult of a job, ihowever, is time consuming, I simply do not want to pull the dash apart to get to the heater core from the inside 🀬, Any additional thoughts?
Cordially,
kevinn

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2018 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The core comes out without removing the dash. A/C cars are different.

Fiero Heater Core Replacement

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 11-26-2018).]

USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2018 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kevin, you're under the wrong impression, I think. From underneath the dash, it's not bad at all.

Assuming you have A/C, it must be done from under the dash. Probably won't take an hour start to finish -- especially if you don't have to remove a subwoofer.

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2018 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageClick Here to Email Mickey_MooseSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is way more work to replace it via the front trunk (especially if you have AC).

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2018 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinClick Here to Email kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are correct πŸ˜–,
Fellas,
I was hoping that I would NOT have to take the whole dash apart. 😟. Obviously, this was the origins of my question. Be that as it may, here I go😐........ grab my torx bits, Phillips screw driver and a flat head screwdriver. My Fiero will undergo a mild, ever so slight β€œsurgery” to repair said Heater core.
Cordially
kevin

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (159)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2018 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpClick Here to Email mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have done this many times without removing the whole dash takes about 1 hour to r and r a heater core.

gtoformula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2018 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaClick Here to Email gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've replaced two Fiero heater cores as well as several other makes/models of cars. The Fiero is the easiest heater core that I've ever replaced.

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 312
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2018 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtoformula:

I've replaced two Fiero heater cores as well as several other makes/models of cars. The Fiero is the easiest heater core that I've ever replaced.

All my Fieros have A/C and I replaced two heater cores Its just a matter of disconnecting the hoses removing the screws opening the box , unfastening and removing the core downward toward the floor. You do not have to remove the dash and its not an involved process.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoClick Here to Email Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

have done it many times. the biggest pain is 1 screw that has to be gotten to though the top (Remove speaker cover) and use a long extension. there is no reason it cannot be done is less than an hour.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock