Fusible link? by dad1966
Started on: 11-23-2018 12:21 PM
Replies: 3 (321 views)
Last post by: theogre on 11-23-2018 09:24 PM
dad1966

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2018 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dad1966Send a Private Message to dad1966Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok another fuse question, i see 3 or 4 fusible links by the battery, then there is another red wire, i believe its connected to the positive cable, with what looks like a pull apart fuse holder for the old glass fusses, but there is just a short wire in one end of holder and looks like a resceptical on the other end when you plug them together, not sure that little wire would reach though. Anyone know what that is, could that be why i have no power to my fuse box
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2018 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glass, Plastic "blade," etc, fuses are some crap a PO added or some fool trying fuse(s) to replace fusible links.

list of links are in my Cave, Wire Service and Fuse Links notes

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2018 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pull apart connector could be the battery power wire to the ECU.
The fuse box is fed by the red heavy gage wire that is part of the chassis harness and is connected to the Battery Junction Terminal.
I suspect the fusible link on that wire may be bad.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2018 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, if it doesn't have a fuse then likely ECM reset connector as shown in my cave.

no power for most of car then link A or anything after is bad. Don't just replace a link w/o checking for other problems or new link(s) can blow now, soon or never and shorted thing can cause a fire.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock