Suspension by Xtinct88
Started on: 11-20-2018 01:53 PM
Replies: 8 (377 views)
Last post by: wftb on 11-27-2018 11:11 AM
Xtinct88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2018 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtinct88Send a Private Message to Xtinct88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys I’m looking for any information on companies offering front coilover conversion kits for 84 fiero. I have the wide track rear koni kit from Arraut but they’re out of business??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2018 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try v8 archie or west coast fiero
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont think anyone is doing them. You might be able to find a used front kit for sale. However Archie might be able to help or point you to someone that can do a custom setup.
Xtinct88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtinct88Send a Private Message to Xtinct88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks fellas much appreciated
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pre-88 front suspension does not lend itself well to coilovers.
What goal are you trying to achieve by modifying the front shock/spring layout?
Xtinct88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtinct88Send a Private Message to Xtinct88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the Arraut wide track kit in the back with an 88 cradle conversion. I’m also installing a SBC 383 turbo and I want full suspension adjustability.
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I modified my Arraut front sport suspension so I could put in 18 way adjustable QA-1 coilovers. Standard width arms so they had to be modified quite a bit to fit. I felt it was worth it to get the ability to fine tune the suspension. Things that had to be done: Raise the upper spring perch- even with drop spindles it was too easy to bottom out the coilovers. Cut away some of the upper arm ball joint mounting plate and weld in reinforcement and slot the ball joint mounting holes to be able to get some negative camber. The stock bj mounting holes don't even allow you to get to stock camber and the upper arms were designed for Carrera coilovers with 2" ID springs.

I would run an ad in the mall for a set of extended Arrault arms, they come up for sale once in a while. The longer arms do not have to be modded to fit QA-1's. But you still have to do a bit of grinding to fix the camber problem and some welding to raise the upper coilover mount.

Xtinct88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtinct88Send a Private Message to Xtinct88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WCF also has some stuff available but it’s pricey. I don’t mind paying for quality parts but their front tubular arms look pretty much stock to me.
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty much all the tubular arms available at one time or another replicated stock geometry. The only exception to this was the Arraut complete front end kit. For me it was too much money and I don't like the 88 spindles on the front. I prefer replaceable wheel bearings and my front suspension with my mods works very well.

[This message has been edited by wftb (edited 11-27-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock