Clutch pedal ? by alex de jorge
Started on: 11-15-2018 12:34 PM
Replies: 6 (238 views)
Last post by: alex de jorge on 11-22-2018 08:46 PM
alex de jorge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2018 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alex de jorgeSend a Private Message to alex de jorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the process of preparing to do a transmission swap from an auto to a 4 speed. I have searched and cannot find the specific answer to my question. Can you just add the clutch pedal to the current pedal assembly in the car or is there a complete pedal assembly ( gas, brake and clutch) that I have to acquire?

Thanks,
Alex
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Johns 4.9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2018 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Johns 4.9Click Here to visit Johns 4.9's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johns 4.9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,
The clutch bracket and clutch pedal are a separate unit that bolts to the brake pedal bracket. You can add or remove it. I removed the one in my 84 to make it an automatic transmission car. I just removed the stick brake pedal and replaced it with an auto brake pedal. I will be following your build. Good luck!
Cheers,
John
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2018 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It might be easiest to just replace the complete assembly. Grab one at the parts yard or maybe in The Mall. You will have to replace the brake pedal due to the large size of the automatic brake pedal or it will interfere with the clutch pedal.
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2018 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

it is an incredible pain to replace the entire assembly. Almost impossible to remove the bracket. However, as stated bolting on the clutch pedal and bracket is easy, as is changing out the auto brake pedal for a manual one.

------------------
SCREW PHOTOBUCKET. All my pictures are now available at https://www.flickr.com/photos/156871275@N07/albums
'87 GT , '00 3800 Series II SC, 4t65e, Vue Power Steering. (SOLD)

alex de jorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2018 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alex de jorgeSend a Private Message to alex de jorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all for you suggestions. I will be on the look out for the pedal.

Alex
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2018 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alex de jorge:

I am in the process of preparing to do a transmission swap from an auto to a 4 speed. I have searched and cannot find the specific answer to my question. Can you just add the clutch pedal to the current pedal assembly in the car or is there a complete pedal assembly ( gas, brake and clutch) that I have to acquire?

Thanks,
Alex

Damn, I literally did this entire swap about 7 years ago, documented all of it, and put it up on the internet.

Unfortunately, I've been busy the past few years and my website went down and I never put it back up.

If you're really interested, I can try to send you the pages... but I took pictures, documented it, showed all the parts you need, everything...

Let me know... maybe I'll spend some time Sunday putting my page back up... about time I do it anyway.
alex de jorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2018 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alex de jorgeSend a Private Message to alex de jorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you don't mind, can you send me the pics?

Thanks,
Alex

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Damn, I literally did this entire swap about 7 years ago, documented all of it, and put it up on the internet.

Unfortunately, I've been busy the past few years and my website went down and I never put it back up.

If you're really interested, I can try to send you the pages... but I took pictures, documented it, showed all the parts you need, everything...

Let me know... maybe I'll spend some time Sunday putting my page back up... about time I do it anyway.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock