Chin spoiler vs Bonneville wing by Don Adkins
Started on: 11-10-2018 02:54 PM
Replies: 7 (653 views)
Last post by: qwikgta on 11-17-2018 04:04 AM
Don Adkins

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2018 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don AdkinsSend a Private Message to Don AdkinsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking about using the nose off my parts car to make a chin spoiler. I know some people have also used the rear spoiler from a Bonneville, which I also have, mounted below the nose piece. I haven't been able to locate anything about the Bonneville spoiler, and would like to do more research before I make up my mind. Any help or links would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2018 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
don't have it mounted, but this is a mock-up pic. prob mounted closer to the fascia, it was sitting on a box to get close.

Rob
Don Adkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2018 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don AdkinsSend a Private Message to Don AdkinsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics. I really like the look. Any idea of how you're going to mount it?
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2018 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it would be easy to make that in to a front splitter.

[This message has been edited by wftb (edited 11-11-2018).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2018 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting concept for the aero nose. Any pictures available of Fieros with one of these properly mounted?

Makes me wonder if the idea could also be adapted (in place of the factory air damn) to the '87-'88 coupe/Formula nose? Hmmm...
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2018 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My idea would be to mount two pieces of metal from the frame down to the location for the bolts on the wing, However, the factory wing bolts may not be able to handle the downforce, so my next idea was to drill through the wing in whatever location worked for the steel coming down from the frame. The odds that the brackets will be in the same place as the wing bolts is very low. Since you cant really see the bottom of the wing once its mounted, it wont matter if there is some bolt heads visible. Again, picked up this wing for this idea, but then I found a GT nose that was busted up so I cut off the bottom and plan to do the "upsided down Skitime" nose this spring.

Rob
Don Adkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2018 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don AdkinsSend a Private Message to Don AdkinsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know I saw a pic of one somewhere, and like the way it matched the shape of the Fiero nose. If I use it on mine, I'll mock it up for the height I want then mount it using some sort of aluminum bracketry. I still hoping more folks will chime in on this.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2018 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for my input

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock