Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  help me identify these C4 to 88 caliper adapters.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
help me identify these C4 to 88 caliper adapters. by falcon_ca
Started on: 10-29-2018 07:39 PM
Replies: 8 (370 views)
Last post by: falcon_ca on 11-06-2018 11:00 AM
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2018 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought these adapters and hardware without instructions.

The brackets are in aluminum.

Anybody recognizimg this kit and/or have installation instructions ans/or knows where I can find them ?

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 | Work done 11-12 | Work done 12-13 | Work done 13-14 | Work done 15-16 | Work done 16-17 |4.9 Swap |

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2018 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are for the 84-87 Fieros and likely are designed to use the C4 Vette calipers.
They are not for the 88 Fiero calipers.
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2018 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Those are for the 84-87 Fieros and likely are designed to use the C4 Vette calipers.
They are not for the 88 Fiero calipers.

OK, but the spacing of the outer holes matches the Corvette calipers I just bought, and the spacing of the internal holes matches that of the Fiero 88 calipers, so I thought it was adapters to put C4 calipers on Fiero 88 spindles.

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 | Work done 11-12 | Work done 12-13 | Work done 13-14 | Work done 15-16 | Work done 16-17 |4.9 Swap |

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2018 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting...

If the holes fit, and the caliper is properly positioned on the rotors, then you are golden.
One of the brackets looks similar to the WFC version.

Have you done the math for the change in braking you can expect?
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2018 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Interesting...

If the holes fit, and the caliper is properly positioned on the rotors, then you are golden.
One of the brackets looks similar to the WFC version.

Have you done the math for the change in braking you can expect?

I have not done any math myself but I read a lot about C4 calipers on Fieros lately and more I read, more I am thinking about keeping my 12" disks and 88 calipers setup.

The seller of the adapters wrote me he have 2 sets on his 88 cars so I still expect to receive pictures to understand how to install if I dont change my mind.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2018 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting timing for this topic.

I was searching my shop attic for something this past weekend and discovered a complete set of C4 drilled rotors ready to be mounted that I had totally forgotten about. Now I need to find those caliper brackets........

Rams
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2018 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Interesting timing for this topic.

I was searching my shop attic for something this past weekend and discovered a complete set of C4 drilled rotors ready to be mounted that I had totally forgotten about. Now I need to find those caliper brackets........

Rams

Can you post pictures of your front caliper bracket?

It appears that there is many different on the market and I would like to ee what yours looks like.
I had to return the calipers and brackets to RockAutor becaus of the brackes design.

[This message has been edited by falcon_ca (edited 11-05-2018).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2018 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falcon_ca:

Can you post pictures of your front caliper bracket?

It appears that there is many different on the market and I would like to ee what yours looks like.
I had to return the calipers and brackets to RockAutor becaus of the brackes design.

If I find them, will be happy to send you pics. Sorry, have never been able to post pics here.....

Rams

falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

If I find them, will be happy to send you pics. Sorry, have never been able to post pics here.....

Rams

Let me know, I'll gave you my email

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock