02 GPrix GTP Wiring Harness Pull by lurtz
Started on: 10-25-2018 11:31 AM
Replies: 5 (234 views)
Last post by: CJB118 on 11-04-2018 11:48 AM
lurtz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2018 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurtzSend a Private Message to lurtzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The time has finally come to pull the engine and tranny from my 02 GTP. After personally driving it for 10 years and 120k+ miles for a total of 160k the body is to far gone rust wise due to our lovely New Hampshire salt season. I have been trying to be a judicious with the wiring harness as possible to provide a proper wiring harness to work with for my future dream swap.

I have pulled the wiring harness from the engine fuse block and the wiring harness leading around the radiator shroud that connects to the PCM successfully. This has remained intact. My question is in regards to the bundle that goes through the firewall into the driver side. Would it be wise for me to tear apart the interior to remove this, or would I be wasting my time? I know I should be grabbing the OBDII from the inside, but I can just cut the longest "tail" I can access with the OBDII wiring correct?

I am not trying to be lazy , I just have limited free time, and it is getting colder by the day up here. My wife has been very understanding about having an ugly rusted purple car in our driveway for a while now. I have promised her I would not be snowblowing around it this winter .

------------------
1984 Base Coupe Red Stock MY8
1984 SE Black Stock

2002 Grand Prix GTP 40th Anniv. Stock

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2018 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't believe that I pulled anything inside the car except the ODBii plug and some wire.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

lurtz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2018 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurtzSend a Private Message to lurtzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! MPM. I will just remove the OBDII from the inside and cut everything else at the fire wall.

Appreciate the help.
Buck531

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2018 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Buck531Send a Private Message to Buck531Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or you could just unbolt 3 bolts on the back of the fuse block and take the rest of the harness. That and take the battery terminals/grounds. Don't forget the rear knock sensor extension wire that's clipped to the power steering pump.

------------------
03 Buick Regal. 13.0x @103
87 Fiero GT. L67, XP, Ported heads, SD headers, FSIC, 2.8 pulley. 12.1@111 1.7 60'.

lurtz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2018 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurtzSend a Private Message to lurtzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the input! I did unbolt the fuse block (engine side) and kept the batt terminals. I am specifically interested in what goes through the fire wall into the interior and what would be needed.

I do plan on dropping the entire subframe, and with it the steering rack and suspension. So i should be able to grab a few of the misc wires that I cant see at that point.
CJB118

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a large collection of GTP parts - engine, wiring, body, interior, etc. plus an entire intact 2d 01 GTP, all for sale, cheap to fellow PFF members, and my wife is ok with all of it...and I'm in Rindge, just south of Keene, on the MA border. Don't wait, get that hulk to the scrapyard and keep the wife happy. I probably have any small stuff you will need, and can deliver most of it.

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula, Yellow, original. (CJB #118)
1977 Pontiac Le Mans Can-Am W72, original, unrestored.
1977 Pontiac Grand LeMans
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (Parts Car)
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (DD)
2005 Pontiac Grand Prix L26 (Wife's DD)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock