Hot or Not?? by dma46072
Started on: 10-17-2018 06:33 PM
Replies: 3 (157 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 10-17-2018 10:21 PM
dma46072

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2018 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dma46072Click Here to visit dma46072's HomePageSend a Private Message to dma46072Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know of the ohm reading I should get when checking my temp guage sender? I grounded each of the sender wires to the battery to verify that the guage and light functioned......Good news they did. Also when I turn the key the guage will move to the far right until I let of the key. When the car is running the guage stays at the far left. My question is would a bad guage sender be the cause of the situation described above?

Thank you in advaance for your help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2018 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Year? Make? Engine?
Give us a little something to go on. I'm assuming its a Fiero but other info can help provide a proper answer.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

dma46072

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2018 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dma46072Click Here to visit dma46072's HomePageSend a Private Message to dma46072Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do apologize it is a 1986 SE 2.8.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2018 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most likely the gauge sender needs replacement.

Note an additional problem with that circuit that was a factory error.

http://www.fierosails.com/tempgage.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock