RPM Gauge Not Working by chaotichamster9
Started on: 09-18-2018 08:21 PM
Replies: 1 (125 views)
Last post by: J Gunsett on 09-19-2018 08:59 AM
chaotichamster9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2018 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chaotichamster9Send a Private Message to chaotichamster9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking at potentially purchasing an 88 Fiero GT V6 with 3 speed auto. In the process of inspecting and looking for problems now. I see that the tach appears to not be functioning, but instead of being bottomed out at 0 RPM and not moving it is bottomed out at the other end where the highest RPM would be. Is this a difficult fix and does it being bottomed out on the other end hint at any other issues? Appreciate any words you have on this, you are all a great community and I’m glad to have joined!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2018 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At the 0 RPM there is a small pin the needle rest on, is it there or broken off. When you start the engine does the needle move at all?

Jack

[This message has been edited by J Gunsett (edited 09-21-2018).]

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock