Door hinge pins/bushings by sledcaddie
Started on: 09-17-2018 02:03 PM
Replies: 5 (148 views)
Last post by: JMTUT on 09-18-2018 02:24 PM
sledcaddie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2018 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious about the door pins and bushings. I see lots of discussion, and parts offered in catalogs. Do these wear out a lot? I've had our Fiero for 33 years. I pick up on the end of the open door, and I don't find any play or movement. Can someone please explain? Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2018 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have been kind to your doors. Maybe you have a garage or shot a little oil in there once or twice. Most cars are not so lucky.
JMTUT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2018 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMTUTSend a Private Message to JMTUTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may have perfect doors. On mine it was really hard to see the movement at the pins unless I looked closely with a powerful flashlight.
JMTUT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2018 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMTUTSend a Private Message to JMTUTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JMTUT

371 posts
Member since Oct 2017
double post

[This message has been edited by JMTUT (edited 09-18-2018).]

sledcaddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2018 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll check again, using a bright light. Also, are we talking about the hinge pin bushings, or the roller bushing? Which one is the main problem?
JMTUT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2018 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMTUTSend a Private Message to JMTUTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The actual hinge pin bushings. https://www.fierostore.com/...il.aspx?s=69500&d=83

When I lifted up on the edge of my door, I could see about 0.040" movement in the top pin within the bushing. It translated to almost 1/2" at the door striker. Driver side was worse probably because of heavier use.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock