Help Please with my deforming console by EmilioD
Started on: 07-17-2018 05:25 PM
Replies: 11 (306 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 07-24-2018 12:17 PM
EmilioD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EmilioDSend a Private Message to EmilioDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The console over the tunnel and by the trami shifter is deforming what can I do to get it back into the proper shape? Has anyone had and solved this problem, every time I look at it I feel like crying. Please, Please give an old man some help. It will be greatly appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you could fiberglass the inside of it for strength. Pull the console, put saran wrap down, put 2 layers of fb cloth down, put the console back onto the wet fb with some weight on top and something to hold the shape. Or get another nicer one

shem
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did something similar to Hulki, but using masking tape:
https://www.fieromontreal.c...25.msg17071#msg17071
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post photos of your issues and we can likely recommend a specific method of correcting your problems.

Nelson
EmilioD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2018 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EmilioDSend a Private Message to EmilioDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all for your help I removed the console and I am gluing it with Gorilla glue all the plastic is so brittle so I am going slowly, I wish that there were new replacements available, but that's wishful thinking.

Thanks Again
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2018 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by EmilioD:

Thanks to all for your help I removed the console and I am gluing it with Gorilla glue all the plastic is so brittle so I am going slowly, I wish that there were new replacements available, but that's wishful thinking.

Thanks Again

Based on my experience, the Gorilla Glue expands so you may have to do some trimming after everything sets.

Nelson
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2018 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2018 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hot glued mine years ago. Still holding strong. I have suggested this every time.

Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I hot glued mine years ago. Still holding strong. I have suggested this every time.

I thought about using hot glue but was afraid it wouldn't hold up in the hot summer temps in a parked car. Did you use a special hot glue?

On a side note I did your low profile headlight mod and it worked out great.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2018 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryinkc:

I thought about using hot glue but was afraid it wouldn't hold up in the hot summer temps in a parked car. Did you use a special hot glue?

On a side note I did your low profile headlight mod and it worked out great.

I am a General Contractor. I use hot glue for back splashes and bathrooms because it does expand without breaking. Keeps marble from cracking. I do not use general adhesive for such things. I use a brand that I purchase at Home Depot. Never Harbor Freight. I cannot recall the brand now though. Sorry.

I mention what I do because prep work is why I believe mine is still in good condition. Clean all areas with alcohol generously, and buff with a red scotch pad. Re-clean with alcohol before applying and sticking pieces. It is just starting to bend on the passenger side after 10 plus years since I did this. I plan on correcting easily. It gets very hot and dry here in Spokane. Long periods in the summer at 90 plus.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock