Switch to DIS, now the tach is not working by Madess
Started on: 06-21-2018 04:01 PM
Replies: 9 (346 views)
Last post by: lou_dias on 10-29-2019 03:41 PM
Madess

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2018 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I switched to Distributor less ignition on my 3.4, I connected the white wire for the tach, but the tach needle doesn't move. The car runs fine, but no tach. I am not using the tach filter. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2018 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It should.
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2018 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tach filter circuit open? What happens if you put the tach filter back in?
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2018 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The white wire runs directly to the ICM correct? Did you eliminate the tach filter wiring all together? Just unplugged that will put an open in the tach circuit.
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2018 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, tach filter wiring is gone, it is wired right into the DIS. I will try putting it back they way it was.
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2018 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DIS does not use the tach filter.
you wired wrong.
dis have issues.
tach have issues or is bad.

Tach have several things go bad w/ little or no warring.
Dash plugs, spring clips to tach, any to all "bolts" on the tach can have no to little connection and tach does nothing to go nuts.
Capacitor(s), solder joint(s), etc, on tach board can go bad same way.

For starting point, put any standalone tach to DIS tach output.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2019 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bad wiring - I wired straight through without the tach filter and the tach works great.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2019 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this running on the stock ECM? Did you do anything special to get this to work? I have a spare DIS setup waiting to go on but was waiting for another 7730 conversion first... Wouldn't mind going DIS sooner than later.
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2019 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am running a 7730.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2019 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Madess:

I am running a 7730.

Ah, I heard of people using DIS with the stock ECM and either reprogramming a timing setting or something else. I wish someone would write this up sometime, though both my Formulas have the newer style distributors and run great...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock