Who is making a direct 5x4 3/4 kit by usmc_butler
Started on: 04-19-2018 10:50 AM
Replies: 10 (501 views)
Last post by: usmc_butler on 04-29-2018 02:19 PM
usmc_butler

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2018 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for usmc_butlerClick Here to visit usmc_butler's HomePageSend a Private Message to usmc_butlerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive been looking ( forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse) but I'm looking to see if anybody is making a direct bolt on kit yet to convert the rear of my car to 5x4 3/4 without the use of adapters. Most threads I've found but google search are archived and done 10-12 years ago nothing new. I only need to do the rear due to track width issues. The front of my car is full custom chassis and the rear is the only thing using the Fiero cradle.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2018 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Year of Fiero?
usmc_butler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2018 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for usmc_butlerClick Here to visit usmc_butler's HomePageSend a Private Message to usmc_butlerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure it's only the cradle under the car attached to the custom chassis. How can I tell what year the cradle is under it? I'd post pictures of what I'm working on but can't find a place to upload
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2018 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a lower a-arm holding the wheel in place (84-87) or is there a 3 link setup with 2 parallel links going from the wheel to the cradle and the 3rd link going from the wheel to the front mounting location of the cradle (88).

usmc_butler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2018 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for usmc_butlerClick Here to visit usmc_butler's HomePageSend a Private Message to usmc_butlerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me go look under it and see.

[This message has been edited by usmc_butler (edited 04-19-2018).]

usmc_butler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2018 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for usmc_butlerClick Here to visit usmc_butler's HomePageSend a Private Message to usmc_butlerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally had time to look and it is a pre 88 cradle. Any options? Thought about redrilling the hubs but heard they were too small to redrill?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2018 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by usmc_butler:

I finally had time to look and it is a pre 88 cradle. Any options? Thought about redrilling the hubs but heard they were too small to redrill?

The rears are too small to redrill on any year of the Fiero. Just curious, what is the reason for the redrill.....lack of wheel offset choices?

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 04-28-2018).]

usmc_butler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2018 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for usmc_butlerClick Here to visit usmc_butler's HomePageSend a Private Message to usmc_butlerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes only option for me with the OE Lamborghini wheels is to change the wheel pattern or else I get the wrong rear width like I have now. I'm going to try to post a picture from my Photobucket not sure if it will work or not

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2018 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think anyone is selling a direct bolt in kit, but the 84-87 have some DIY options for getting the 5 x 4 3/4" bolt pattern.

Front:
2nd gen (65+) Corvair front hub swap which is also the same hub used on the Novas and Chevy IIs of the same era.
https://web.archive.org/web.../switch/67/id216.htm
This one shows an actual spindle swap up front (and some pictures of the rear bearing upgrade)
//www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...7965&style=printable

Rear:
Convert to Pontiac 6000 uprights with the HD brakes and 5x114.3 wheel pattern. Then with some minor grinding and slotting of holes you can install the Front wheel bearings from a mid 80s 4x4 S10 which have the 5 x 4 3/4".
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000007-19.html
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2018 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arraut Motorsports sold them. Another user in the mall sold me one for the front.
usmc_butler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2018 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for usmc_butlerClick Here to visit usmc_butler's HomePageSend a Private Message to usmc_butlerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just seen they must have closed, November he was selling everything out. I did messages them just in case! Thanks for the responses. This has to get fixed so whatever direction I go has to be done. Cost isn't an issue but time is.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock