brake line leaking need help by jetfighterv
Started on: 01-21-2018 05:42 PM
Replies: 12 (208 views)
Last post by: jetfighterv on 01-22-2018 10:36 AM
jetfighterv

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-21-2018 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my rear left brake line is leaking and i dont know the size of the tread I need or what I need to fix it circled in red btw this pic is not of my car

[This message has been edited by jetfighterv (edited 01-21-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2018 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3/16 line, M10 x 1.0 bubble flare

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/107264.html

Line runs along the trunk wall to the right rear wheel
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2018 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
try a new brake line. If the male end is damaged- retap it to clean the threads

either way u gotta bleed it

shem
jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-21-2018 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

3/16 line, M10 x 1.0 bubble flare

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/107264.html

Line runs along the trunk wall to the right rear wheel

What kind of fitting do I need to connect to the brake caliper hose I don't know much about this kind of stuff lol

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2018 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you buy a pre-made line, the fitting on the line screws right into the hose.
jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-21-2018 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you buy a pre-made line, the fitting on the line screws right into the hose.

Okay thanks would you know how long of one I need
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2018 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you run a string from the left rear wheel along the existing line going to the 3-way block at the right rear wheel, that will be the length of line you need. I suspect in the 40-60" range.
jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-21-2018 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you run a string from the left rear wheel along the existing line going to the 3-way block at the right rear wheel, that will be the length of line you need. I suspect in the 40-60" range.

Okay thanks
jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-21-2018 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetfighterv

303 posts
Member since Jul 2017

Will this work?
https://m.ebay.com/itm/3-16...p2489528.m4335.l8656
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2018 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, those are SAE fittings, you want metric ISO fittings. That bare tube also looks like it would rust up quickly. Do you have any auto parts stores in the area? That's the easiest place to find them.
jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-22-2018 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, those are SAE fittings, you want metric ISO fittings. That bare tube also looks like it would rust up quickly. Do you have any auto parts stores in the area? That's the easiest place to find them.

Yea I do
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2018 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can get new stainless steel lines from the fiero store. Pre bent with all the right fittings. I bought a complete set a long time ago. Well worth the money.
jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-22-2018 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

You can get new stainless steel lines from the fiero store. Pre bent with all the right fittings. I bought a complete set a long time ago. Well worth the money.

Yea I'll probably do that in the near future just wanting a quick fix atm

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock