4.9 Repair Manual? by Shho13
Started on: 01-19-2018 08:58 PM
Replies: 6 (172 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 01-22-2018 04:28 PM
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2018 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm want to buy a 4.9 manual to help guide me through a light refresh of the 4.9 I'm putting in my car soon.... You know, something with proper torque values and whatnot... It's out of a 93 Deville.

I used to have access to the Alldata through my old technical school (nearly 10 years ago... geez), sadly, today when I went to log in, it was no longer available...

Which one would you guys recommend? I know some brands are better than others and I was curious as to what you 4.9 guys are using as a reference.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2018 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got an original Helms (aka GM) shop manual off of eBay.
Not cheap, but not crushing, either.

Click me!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 01-20-2018).]

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2018 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh sweet, looks like they have a version on CD that I can put into my laptop! Convienience is best; I can slap that right next to my Fiero WSM folder for ease of troubleshooting in the future.

Thanks Raydar! 😁

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 01-20-2018).]

robymon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2018 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for robymonSend a Private Message to robymonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it is available on cadillacforums website.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2018 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by robymon:

I know it is available on cadillacforums website.

Downloadable PDF format?

gen2muchwork

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2018 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found the torque specs for the water pump to be essential to follow. Whoever had my engine before me did not. when you get there, make sure the metal plate behind the pump is totally flat. It's very thin metal and deforms easily. If it was over torqued the holes bulge out a bit and will never seal. I was able to correct it without replacing the cover, since it was not superbad. On the same topic, make sure when you replace the water pump (and you should) you get one with the metal impeller.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2018 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gen2muchwork:

I found the torque specs for the water pump to be essential to follow. Whoever had my engine before me did not. when you get there, make sure the metal plate behind the pump is totally flat. It's very thin metal and deforms easily. If it was over torqued the holes bulge out a bit and will never seal. I was able to correct it without replacing the cover, since it was not superbad. On the same topic, make sure when you replace the water pump (and you should) you get one with the metal impeller.

I had the same problem. Someone (no names. ) "gorilla'd" the little nuts on, and actually pulled one of the studs out of the metal.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock