Need help with 2.8 build by Eltsyrk
Started on: 01-16-2018 10:26 PM
Replies: 1 (111 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 01-16-2018 11:17 PM
Eltsyrk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EltsyrkSend a Private Message to EltsyrkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’m currently in the process of building my 2.8 iv gotten some of the needed parts but iv hit a road block
Here is a list of what I have (I still have my complete engine in car that runs this is a separate build)
*260h comp cam (new)
*Comp cam 980-12 valve springs (new)
*Sealed power 3 piece timing gear set (new)

All parts after this are used with unknown condition as I have very little knowledge in this subject and dont really know what to look for other than gauges on bearings
*1989 Pontiac 6000 internally Balanced crank and block (from gm dealership’s basement possibly used)
*1989 Pontiac 6000 connecting rods and dishes pistons (inside the block still)
*1986 Camaro connecting rods and flat top pistons (I messed up being my first engine I pulled apart didn’t know I had to mark the connecting rods so caps and rods are not matched pistons are definitely used)
*1986 camaro oil pan oil pump and distributor (used)
*Fiero store performance spark plug wires(one summers worth of use)
*Camaro fuel rail and injectors clips to hold them into fuel rail are broken also gasket to hold on where the pipes go for fuel is hard as a rock

I might have more pieces I took an entire 2.8 Camaro engine apart a lot of parts are spread out

My wish list for parts
*1.6 comp cams rockers. should I buy the set that comes with the nut, rocker and push rod. Or the set the comes with nut, rocker, and the ball (the part the rocker rotates on? Don’t know if it’s actually called that) and purchase the pushrods from the fiero store.
*Fidanza aluminum flywheel
*1227730 ecu swap with coil pack and egr delete

Big questions
Will I need to purchase any new parts for the valve springs like valves or the little cap on the top of the spring iv been told to replace the valve seals
I want to run a coil pack and I don’t know what to do or where to get the parts to cover the distributor hole
Will the camaro flat top pistons work in place of fiero pistons or should I purchase new pistons

Any more needed info please ask for I’m more than willing to describe the parts i have in the best of my abilities I would like this engine to last and as always thank you for the help
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eltsyrk:

1.6 comp cams rockers. should I buy the set that comes with the nut, rocker and push rod. Or the set the comes with nut, rocker, and the ball (the part the rocker rotates on? Don’t know if it’s actually called that) and purchase the pushrods from the fiero store.

I bought the CompCam push rods # 7816 for use with those 1.6 rockers, but get whichever ones are the best price. They're rather simple components and I suspect every vendor gets them made in the same Chinese factory.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock