Started on: 01-16-2018 11:33 AM
Replies: 4 (187 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 01-16-2018 07:58 PM
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The "arm" on the left...it appears to be notches to fit in to the space beside that big round circle(shaft support or whatever it is). It's certainly not the same as the opposite side. You can see that it's basically cut at a 45 degree angle. Even if it's shaped right, it looks to have a lot more wear than the other side.

Yes, yes...I ordered a replacement, but it turned out to be for the 4 speed. Just want to know if this is an issue before I put it back together.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It looks pretty uniform. I'd hazard a guess that it's supposed to be that way. Anyone care to confirm?

The bulge where it comes in to contact with the release bearing might be worn a fair bit. The other side looks better.
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a spare getrag I bought recently......One of those arms is bent over(Laterally) but neither have that 45* angle....Then again, That is on the outside edge, right? If so, there is no apparent way for it to wear there......

(Sorry I'm not much help.......)
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never had my getrag out to look at the arm, but judging by the look of it, it seems like it's supposed to be like that -- same color and stains seen on the rest of the arm. If it were worn down for some reason, it would logically be shiny and look like fresh metal vs the rest of the arm.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to replace a fork on an 87 version of the Getrag 282. My car drove fine until I put it up for storage for a few months. When I tried to start it, I could not get the car out of gear. To make a long story short, I needed to locate a new fork. I found several listed as being correct, but the first two that arrived were nothing like the original fork. I finally located a NOS at a parts place somewhere in the western US and that proved to be the correct one. It was their last one so that source is now dry.

Used forks are available from several sources and if you run a WTB ad on PFF, someone might respond positively.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock