Chevy Camaro Headlights by VanGTP5000
Started on: 11-29-2017 12:52 PM
Replies: 2 (632 views)
Last post by: VanGTP5000 on 11-29-2017 07:06 PM
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know some Fiero owners have opted to put the Camaro H4351/H4352 (Low Beam/High Beam) Sealed Beam Headlights into either their recessed setups or their parking light locations. I am considering upgrading the sealed beam headlight bulbs to 9006/9005 bulbs. This can be accomplished in two ways. I can gently pry out the factory sealed silicone bulb that is matted to the stock one piece housing by gently twisting it with a pair of vice grips. Then clean up the opening and RTV new bulbs in place like Sylvania Silver Star Ultras or Sylvania Silver Star ZXEs. (I am aware that better options exist such as LED or even true HID bulbs) Or I can purchase ebay aftermarket housings designed to accommodate the 9006/9005 bulbs already. I am hesitant to go this route without knowing the quality of the product. This is a more expensive option because all four (2 H4351 and 2 H4352) headlights would need to be replaced with the new housings. The first option just requires the purchase of the new bulbs themselves. Have any of you tried either of these methods? Any tips on how to avoid breaking the glass collar of the sealed beam units would be greatly appreciated. If any of you have purchased housings like the EuroLamps.com option I found online, I would love to get your opinion on them. I am sure some of you just continue to replace the H4351/H4352 units with replacements when they die. I am looking for a whiter light to match my LED fog/driving lights.

Thank you in advance,
-Van
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not certain that it's as simple as gluing the 9005/9006 bulbs into the sealed beam housings, with silicone.
They need to be situated "just so", so that the focus will be correct. Doing it haphazardly will likely result in poor focus, at best. Possibly may even blind oncoming drivers with glare.
Be careful.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-29-2017).]

VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I'm not certain that it's as simple as gluing the 9005/9006 bulbs into the sealed beam housings, with silicone.
They need to be situated "just so", so that the focus will be correct. Doing it haphazardly will likely result in poor focus, at best. Possibly may even blind oncoming drivers with glare.
Be careful.

Raydar,

It is my understanding that the o-ring of the new Sylvania bulbs allow them to self center. Eliminating the problem that you had mentioned. I am aware of others that have performed this mod without incident. I haven't tried it myself yet, so I appreciate the heads up.

Thank you,
-Van

[This message has been edited by VanGTP5000 (edited 11-29-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock