Parking brake stuck by 16austin16
Started on: 11-16-2017 04:04 PM
Replies: 3 (106 views)
Last post by: theogre on 11-16-2017 05:06 PM
16austin16

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 16austin16Send a Private Message to 16austin16Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I tried to look around and didn't really find anything with my issue. When I try to pull my e brake the lever won't go up at all like it's stuck on something and I don't want to pull it too hard and break something. It would be helpful to have it working so I can leave my car running to warm up and not have to worry if it's going to roll. It's a 87 4cyl
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When's the last time you used it? Perhaps the cables are corroded/stuck. Back off the adjuster nut and see if anything moves.
16austin16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 16austin16Send a Private Message to 16austin16Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to take a look but I know it sat for 2 years before I bought it and it's never worked
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Likely cables frozen or rusted.
Iffy caliper often let lever move but do little or nothing.

loosen adjust nut if you can just to see what cables are bad. At minimum replace wheel cables. Their likely bad even if they work. Rust can make the jacket to break at end(s).

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock