Wanting to buy a fiero again by kpazzh0ly
Started on: 11-14-2017 12:10 PM
Replies: 18 (345 views)
Last post by: OldGuyinaGT on 11-16-2017 03:55 PM
kpazzh0ly

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2017 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpazzh0lySend a Private Message to kpazzh0lyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

I am on and off on this forum over the years. I had a real nice 88' fiero but ended up selling it. Long story.

Anyway I am going to take a look at what looks to be a clean 87' GT. I just moved to Colorado and I am wondering if you guys have any tips on specific items to check?

Thanks in advance,
Paul
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2017 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome Back! Nearly every question has been asked already and is in the archives. It's just a matter of finding it.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/095548.html

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 11-14-2017).]

kpazzh0ly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kpazzh0lySend a Private Message to kpazzh0lyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey thanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking.

Unfortunately looks like I probably won't be buying the car I wanted to look at. Just noticed the guy raised the price another $1300. That kind of thing pisses me off. I'll keep looking though.

Overall I would like to buy an 88' but they are hard to find and expensive when they do come available.

OldGuyinaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldGuyinaGTSend a Private Message to OldGuyinaGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may already be aware, but there's a surprising number of running Fieros for sale in the Fiero Cars and Parts for Sale group on Facebook. I think you could find what you're looking for but would probably have to go get it from somewhere distant. Right now the closest listing to us (I'm on Aurora) is in AZ.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kpazzh0ly:

Unfortunately looks like I probably won't be buying the car I wanted to look at. Just noticed the guy raised the price another $1300. That kind of thing pisses me off. I'll keep looking though.

That shouldn't stop you taking a look and giving him a fair offer based on realistic prices after you've done your research. The worst he can say is no.
kpazzh0ly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpazzh0lySend a Private Message to kpazzh0lyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OldGuyinaGT:

You may already be aware, but there's a surprising number of running Fieros for sale in the Fiero Cars and Parts for Sale group on Facebook. I think you could find what you're looking for but would probably have to go get it from somewhere distant. Right now the closest listing to us (I'm on Aurora) is in AZ.

Yes I know of the one in Aurora and I was going to see it :-(
kpazzh0ly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpazzh0lySend a Private Message to kpazzh0lyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kpazzh0ly

31 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Yes I know of the one in Aurora and I was going to see it :-(

I totally agree. But I also don't want to waste someones time if I'm on a budget.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunately looks like I probably won't be buying the car I wanted to look at. Just noticed the guy raised the price another $1300.

That's a rather common practice. After the seller gets a few "investigative" emails/phone calls, he figures he's sitting on a gold mine and jacks the price up. If the price has been raised to an unrealistic level, you'll often see the price lowered again in a couple of weeks (depending on urgency to sell).
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's easy to say "I have $X to buy a Fiero; I'm investigating what's available and how flexible the asking prices are."

ps. What will your Audi buddies say???
kpazzh0ly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpazzh0lySend a Private Message to kpazzh0lyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

It's easy to say "I have $X to buy a Fiero; I'm investigating what's available and how flexible the asking prices are."

ps. What will your Audi buddies say???

I have to the guy and it’s been...interesting. It’s the best fiero I’ll ever see for the price, but apparently it doesn’t run. It’s getting fixed now and that’s why he’s raising the price. I told him I could fix it myself and told him the money I had available and wished him good luck with the sale.

I don’t have any Audi buddies. So not sure what you mean?
kpazzh0ly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpazzh0lySend a Private Message to kpazzh0lyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kpazzh0ly

31 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Hey thanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking.

Overall I would like to buy an 88' but they are hard to find and expensive when they do come available.

Yea I kinda figured. We’ll see what happens in a couple weeks. It’s been interesting thus far. I’ve been looking for a fiero for the last few years. Timing hasn’t worked out. In the last two years I’ve lived in 3 different states.

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It’s the best fiero I’ll ever see for the price, but apparently it doesn’t run.

Fieros that don't run are usually worth about $200. Seriously.

[EDIT] You're doing some weird things with your quotes Here and Here.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-15-2017).]

kpazzh0ly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpazzh0lySend a Private Message to kpazzh0lyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Fieros that don't run are usually worth about $200. Seriously.

The car in the pictures looks really clean. But there are other things that don’t make sense. It’s all good I was going to offer him him just slightly under his original obo price. I’m glad to be back on this forum again.

Sorry I’m on mobile so I’m not sure what the damn deal is.

[This message has been edited by kpazzh0ly (edited 11-15-2017).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry I’m on mobile so I’m not sure what the damn deal is.

In two different posts, you've quoted yourself when posting.

kpazzh0ly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kpazzh0lySend a Private Message to kpazzh0lyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

In two different posts, you've quoted yourself when posting.

Yea I saw. Oh well. You knew what I was talking about. lol

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see quite a few for 4500 on the Denver area craigslist, though not 88s. An 84 4 cyl for 2k, 85 GT with low miles for 5500, a v8 swapped 84 for 2500, 85GT for 1800.

Most important look for rust.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kpazzh0ly:I don’t have any Audi buddies. So not sure what you mean?

Just an (incorrect?) interpretation of your profile occupation.

kpazzh0ly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpazzh0lySend a Private Message to kpazzh0lyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Just an (incorrect?) interpretation of your profile occupation.

I work for Audi Quality and Development which is why I have lived in 3 different states in the last two years. Surprisingly I have gotten decent responses from my colleagues. But nearly everyone drives something else. Camaro racecar, civic racecar, Ford Falcon and etc. I worked for Toyota 8 years prior to this job. I don't know why but I really like 80's models for most cars, but I like all the goodies that come with the new cars :-).

But yea, none of my buddies drive Audi's per say.
OldGuyinaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldGuyinaGTSend a Private Message to OldGuyinaGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought my 88 GT on craigslist about 18 months ago, but got lucky on the location. It was in Henderson, about 30 miles from me. But I was looking for a while before that, and found that a lot of craigslist listers - both here and in the Phoenix area - maybe everywhere - leave postings up for a long time, sometimes not taking them down even if sold. I called on two in CO and I think three in the Phoenix area and was told the cars had sold long before I called. There also may be some other reason a listing lasts that long when a vehicle doesn't sell - clearly not a good sign. So I don't get my hopes up much if the listing is over about two weeks old. I think only two in the Denver area search are more recent than that.

For the record, I've bought a total of six vehicles on craigslist, and ran into this a lot. FWIW.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock